Forty-five

If you didn't get a notification and read the last chapter, go read it because most people didn't get a notification that I updated.

-

Mature content

During the night to December 25th, Ginny and I stayed up in her room, talking and laughing about everything possible. Fleur was sleeping through most of it.

Ginny really didn't like Fleur for some odd reason. She didn't want to tell me why, but she thought of her as a cow.

Eventually, Ginny had fallen asleep, but I myself was unable to. It was odd, but I couldn't stop thinking about the year before.

It had been a year since George and I said goodbye to our relationship for good. We didn't know we'd end up back together, and even though we are together now, it still hurts to think about it, remembering how much it hurt.

So instead of continuing to try and sleep, I got up and left the room. I walked downstairs to get myself some water, seeing the very same person on my mind, stand by the counter, sipping off a cup of tea while staring out of the window and into the dark.

"Couldn't sleep either?" I asked. George immediately turned and as his eyes landed on me, he smiled, taking another sip of his cup.

"Bill snores." he told me. "A lot."

I walked over to him and he let me take the cup from his hands so I could sip off the tea myself. The whole time, George kept his eyes on me.

"What would you say if we told everyone about our engagement, once we've all opened presents tomorrow?" he asked, causing me to pause for a second before I slowly put down the cup.

"You see–" I breathed. "...we could do that."

"Oh no, don't tell me you're getting second thoughts."

"About marrying you?" I shook my head. "No... about announcing it right now? Yes..."

George frowned at me, taking a step closer. He was now hovering over me, standing so tall that I had to lean my head back to be able to see his face.

"Allie... who did you talk to?"

"I didn't talk to anyone." I folded my arms over my chest, staring at his eyes as he cocked an eyebrow. "Alright... I spoke to Bill and–"

"And he made you doubt?" he questioned. "That doesn't seem like Bill... I'll–"

"Hey." I laughed softly, planting a hand against his neck to keep him from walking away. "He just told me that your mum doesn't like Fleur because they're moving too fast and rushing things and I don't want your mum to hate me too... we've been back together for three months and we're engaged. How wouldn't she react to that?"

George chuckled and threaded his fingers into the back of my hair, tilting my head back so he could plant a kiss against my lips.

"You can't compare our situation to theirs." he said. "We've known each other for years and we dated for eleven months before we broke up. Mum knows you and she loves you. She'll be supportive of us, angel."

He ran his hand to my jaw, stroking his thumb against my skin.

"And you don't have to worry about my mum." He continued. "If she hated you, I'd be there and I'd back you up, though she could never hate you."

He leaned down to kiss me, his lips moving with mine for a few seconds before he pulled away.

"Do that again." I whispered, making him chuckle before kissing me again. I wrapped an arm around his neck to pull him closer and make sure he couldn't just pull away again.