Eighty-seven

After I finished my coke, I apparated to the house that I grew up in.

I was knocking on the door repeatedly, excited to hear the story as to why my dad finally divorced my evil stepmother.

"Dad!" I called, never stopping the knocking. I may be annoying, but I needed him to open the door. "It's me, Allie! Your favourite daughter!

Well not anymore.

I waited for a while before he finally opened it and I almost hit him right in the neck.

"Can you calm down?" He asked in annoyance. "I was in the garden. There's a long way from the garden to the foyer... you did not have to try and knock down my door."

"You divorced Rose." I stated, completely ignoring him as I walked past him and into the house. "I did not think my dad would be good. I mean... now my day is amazing."

"Alright." He breathed and closed the door before turning towards me. "That's the reason you're here? I haven't seen you since the wedding and even there you didn't speak more than two words to me, but now you want to visit because I divorced my wife?"

I shrugged and folded my arms over my chest.

"I also came to tell you to stop telling people I have a problem with alcohol." I said. "So... which conversation would you rather have?"

"I haven't been telling anyone that you've got a problem." He told me. "But I have been telling your fiancé, your friend and your brother that you're on the way to getting addicted."

Great now I'm pissed.

"Why did you divorce Rose?" I asked, following my dad into the kitchen. "You were only married for about a year."

"Allie—"

"Ooh!" I did a little jump. "Did you cheat on her too? You totally did, didn't you? Tell me all the details... well maybe not all of it—"

"Enough!" Dad raised his voice which made me jump again, but this time out of fright. He looked at me and I scoffed. "You're acting like a child."

"So?" I asked. "I have a year left before I'm officially an adult. I think I should be allowed to be childish at times."

He didn't respond.

"Why did you divorce her?"

"I found out that she—" dad sighed. "...it's a long story."

I shrugged and sat down by the kitchen island, folding my arms on the table.

Dad looked at me, realising I was staying here until he told me. He sighed and took a seat as well.

"Our whole relationship was based off of a task from my boss." He told me. "I had to go undercover and find out if Rose was a death eater or if she knew anything."

"Oh shit." I cursed, moving a hand over my mouth to shut myself up.

"I didn't cheat on your mom with Rose. The only one I ever cheated on her with, was Grayson and Carrington's mom and that ended years ago. I was in love with both Claire and your mom... but that's not the point. I never did anything with Rose while I was with your mom, but I had to act like I did. I even had to place a fake memory in Rose's mind so that she wouldn't ruin that plan. She thinks we got together while I was with your mom."

Holy shit.

"Your mom and I were separated and after our divorce, Rose and I started planning our wedding. She fell in love with me but I just needed to figure out if she was associated with the Dark Lord." Dad continued and looked at me.