One-hundred and twenty-three

Guests were arriving.

Bill and Fleur were greeting everyone as they arrived and the families were spread around either outside or inside.

I stood outside, watching as George was talking with Marco and William.

I barely even noticed Fred as he walked up next to me. It wasn't until he started talking that I realised that he was there.

"I'm sorry."

I looked at him as he looked right back at me, a look of regret glued to his face.

"I raised my voice at you and I shoved you. I'm sorry about that."

I shrugged.

"Can I tell you something?"

"Sure."

He let out a sigh, making me cock an eyebrow. It seemed serious so for a second, I was worried.

"I was in love with three people at the same time." He said. "You and Lee... and then this Gryffindor girl."

Oh god.

"I know it's absolutely terrible and I wish it wasn't like that but I slept with this girl almost all of our last year, even when I was with Lee."

"For fuck sake, Fred."

"Listen, I don't know what's wrong with me." He shrugged. "But I don't... I know it was wrong but I don't have feelings for Lee anymore."

I hummed.

"So it's just me and the Gryffindor girl?" I looked at him. "Who is the Gryffindor girl? Angie? Alicia?"

He shook his head.

"She moved from Canada to England and started Hogwarts in our last year." He said. "Her name is Blake."

"Blake?" I frowned. "I don't... someone started in our last year? I don't remember that."

"Well, a lot of people were sorted that year, including Carrington."

I hummed in response, trying to put a finger on a girl from Gryffindor named Blake. A new face I must have seen in my last year at Hogwarts, but I couldn't quite place my finger on it.

"What's her last name?"

"Rivers."

"Rivers." I repeated, nodding. "Okay."

"I treated her like shit." He told me. "I saw her in school but in secret. It was mostly sex because most of the time, Lee didn't have time for it."

I scoffed.

"That isn't an excuse to cheat."

"No, I know." He hurried to say. "But I've talked to Lee and he's forgiven me even though I don't really deserve it."

He stared down at the ground.

"Blake has given me a new chance." He said. "We met a few weeks ago in Diagon Alley and I made Bill ask her to the wedding."

"She's here?"

"Not right now." He shrugged. "But she'll be arriving soon, I guess."

I hummed, fidgeting with my fingers.

"So this girl... Blake... she must've known about you and Lee."

"She did."

"Then why did she sleep with you?" I asked. "I mean... c'mon."

"I told her that Lee and I had an open relationship where we were allowed to simply have sex with other people."

"Oh for christ sake, Fred." I groaned. "Do you have any idea how horrible cheating is? What it can ruin?"