One-hundred and thirty-eight

Allie
Fourteen days later

The sun was shining, standing high on the sky on the day I decided to sit in the garden by myself.

I had picked up on a new hobby in the two weeks I had been in rehab. I had started drawing again like I used to do when I was younger

I was dressed pretty casual, a pair of loose black dolphin shorts and a black lace scallop cami top. It was clothes I'd usually wear if it was very hot outside, and today it was.

I also couldn't have my hair down so I had it in a bun while I sat at the table outside, drawing in a sketchbook they provided me with.

Rehab has been okay.

The people are nice in here though I don't really have anyone to talk to. I'm the youngest and the most people in here are around fifty or older.

There're a few in their late twenties and thirties, but most people are older.

The staff are nice too. I've got a psychiatrist and a nurse who checks up on me multiple times throughout the days.

The first week here was horrible. Because I couldn't drink when I craved, my body slowly started feeling it and then I started throwing up and I couldn't sleep at night as well as I was shaking because my body had gone so long without any alcohol.

But now it's a bit better. I have group therapy every single day, and next week, I unfortunately have family therapy, meaning my family has to come in, and that includes George, seeing as we're married.

I had one leg pulled up, bent at the knee and my foot under my thigh.

"Allie?"

I looked up at the mention of my name, seeing nurse Joy Crick approach, and the small smile that was placed on my lips, faded when I saw who was behind her.

"You've got a visitor." Joy smiled and looked back at George before she walked away again.

I hurried to hide the drawing with the book I had brought out here, while George sat down in the chair next to me.

"Can I see?" He asked, motioning towards the drawing underneath the book.

I looked at him before slowly moving the book so he could see the drawing. He pulled it closer to the edge of the table before picking it up to look at what I had drawn.

"Why're you here?" I asked softly.

"Because you're my wife." He said. "And I love you."

George looked at me and smiled as he brought a hand up to cup my jaw. Automatically I leaned into his touch, placing a hand on his.

"This is good." He told me, gesturing towards my sketchbook before placing it back down. "I didn't know you were drawing again."

"There's not much to do other than that or read." I shrugged. "I mean... I could play chess with some of the other patients but—"

I leaned closer to George.

"Muggle chess is so different." I whispered, causing him to chuckle, and a smile automatically spread on my lips.

He looked at me, grinning widely.

"You're glowing."

He placed his hand on my thigh, right above my knee, caressing my skin with his thumb.

"You look happy."

I brushed my fingers over his hand as I looked at him again.

"It's different here." I said. "There's no war. I don't have to be constantly scared to see any Death Eaters... I've been able to just relax with no worries other than my health."

"Maybe we should..." George grabbed my hand and brought it up to plant a kiss against my skin. "...I don't know... move away when you get out. Get away from the war and live without magic... just until the war is over."

I shook my head.

"We're both apart of the Order." I breathed. "We have a responsibility to help fight and to help our side to win. Though when it's finished, I could use a nice and long vacation away from England."

George smiled as he stared down at our intertwined hands.

"And we could bring Freddie." I said. "And Marco and William... Lee, Angie and Blake if she wants to of course."

"You think it's a good idea to have Fred and his girlfriend on the same vacation as his ex-boyfriend?"

I narrowed my eyes at him but then realised he was right.

"Yeah okay... that's probably not the best idea." I admitted, chuckling.

I ran my right hand to his neck, studying his face as I rested my head against his shoulder.

"I've missed you." I said. "I'm sorry I said I didn't want you to visit. I'm glad you did."

George grasped my jaw and pressed a kiss to my lips, letting the feeling linger on me while studying my face, then kissed me again.

"Have you spoken to Marco?" I asked softly.

"I speak to him everyday."

"Is he mad at me?" I asked. "I acted like a fucking whore towards him so I'd understand if we were... I just want him to know that I'm sorry."

"He knows." George nodded. "He knows what addiction is like and he knows it can get you to act a certain way."

I hummed.

"He's fucking great, you know?" I said, staring out at the garden. "I need to be a better friend towards him."

"One fight doesn't determine whether or not you're a good friend."

I shrugged, pulling my knees up to my chest before wrapping my arms around them.

"How's Chloe?"

I rested my cheek against my knees to look at him while he twisted his ring finger around on his finger.

"She's living the best life." He chuckled. "It's incredible how Fred has grown to love her through the time we've had her."

"He needs to stop with all the snacks." I said. "You both do. I don't want Chloe to end up weighing more than what is healthy."

"She won't, angel." He said. "You know I've stopped giving her snacks all the same..."

"Fred still does." I chuckled. "I swear... your brother will be the death of me."

I reached up to pull the hair tie out of my hair, letting it fall around my shoulders before pulling it into a new bun that sat a little higher.

"You know what we should do when you get home?" George asked, causing me to look at him once again.

"What?" I smiled.

"Finish our honeymoon." He said. "Not only will you get a longer break from the war, but I think it'll be good for us and our relationship."

I moved my legs to hook them over his thighs so I could sit closer to him, resting my head against his shoulder.

We have been fighting a lot lately.

"That sounds wonderful." I smiled and looked up at him, bringing my index finger up to poke his cheek. "I know I've already said this, but thank you for visiting me... I miss you a lot."