One-hundred and twenty-six

After everyone had been interrogated, the Death Eaters moved on.

Though not without informing us that they'd be watching us carefully to see if we were hiding Harry somewhere.

That meant that for the next while, we could go back to living our lives but not without having a Death Eater watch us.

Things were changing. The Dark Lord had taken over the Wizarding World and we were all just going to have to live under his rules and his laws.

We went back to the flat, and Fred brought Blake. Her and I were sitting on either side of the table in the kitchen while George and Fred were talking in the bathroom.

"So... you're Canadian." I said and she nodded in response, forcing a small smile as she looked down at her hands.

"Yeah." She breathed. "Well, my mother's Canadian and my father was born and raised in England."

"Nice."

This is awkward...

"And you're... English?"

"Half." I nodded. "My dad's from the states but I grew up here so..."

She hummed, pressing her lips together and we both looked towards the bathroom door.

Whispering and hissing came from there but I couldn't hear what they were talking about — just that it was a pretty heated conversation.

Blake looked at me again as I sighed and grabbed my glass of water from the table, lifting it to my mouth.

"Fred is in love with you."

My eyes widened as I hadn't expected that to be topic of conversation, and I choked on the water, almost spitting it out but I clamped a hand over my mouth.

"Oh god." I coughed into my arm.

"We've had a lot of fights about you." She said. "In school..."

"Oh, um... I'm sorry."

She stared at me as she sat there with her knees spread wide and her hands folded between them. Her hair was kinda a mess but it still looked so healthy and clean at the same time.

"How long have you and George been married for then?"

I gulped.

It is rare for me to feel intimidated by another person, but Fred has managed to find someone who scares the living crap out of me just by that sharp look in her eyes.

"Five weeks, I think." I said softly. "Our wedding was on June twenty-sixth."

She nodded.

"Congratulations."

"Thank you."

The door to the bathroom swung open and Fred marched out with George behind him.

Blake let out a sigh and rubbed her hands along her jeans before she stood up, turning towards Fred.

"I should probably go."

I looked at George who leaned back against the counter, looking at the floor. He had been pretty cold towards me since I explained to him what happened with the Death Eaters.

He's cross with me.

"You don't want to stay?" Fred asked Blake. "After today..."

"Fred—" she chuckled and reached forward to place her hand on his upper arm. "...it's fine."

She moved a lock of her hair behind her ear.

"It wasn't how I had expected the day to end when I got invited... I just need to go home and get some sleep and I'll pop by the shop to see you tomorrow, yeah?"