Study Buddy

|Cameron's POV|

So today is Friday and today is also when Dylan comes over to help me with Science after school. I didn't want to wake up but someone bargded in and shook me awake. I open my eyes to a professional looking woman hovering over me.

"Mom!" I exclaim as I spring upward to hug her.
"Hi sweetie. How's my sweet little angel?" She asks.
"Mom I'm not 11 anymore." I say with a smile.
"Oh you'll always be my baby." She answers, ruffling my hair.
"How's school?" She asks, climbing down the ladder.
"Careful mom you might fall in those heels!" I warn.
"Yes, yes I know but how's school." She asks once again.

"Actually I really like it." I reply, climbing down the ladder myself. My mom is an international lawyer that travels all around the world, all the time and is a busy woman. I have barely gotten to see her this year so that's why I acted like a little kid when I saw her.

"That's good." She says as her phone starts to ring.
"Oh, there's breakfast in the kitchen and your father left for work already. I'll see you later honey." Mom says, kissing my forehead as she exits my room making her way to the office. I sigh and walk into the hallway my feet making contact with the cool wood floors.

I walk slowly down the stairs and head into the kitchen. On the counter, I see basically a whole buffet of breakfast food. I smile at how I know my mom made all of this homemade. I see my favorite on the breakfast bar and grin like a child. Chocolate chip pancakes, bacon, eggs, toast, and milk. I gobble up my breakfast and put the dishes in the dishwasher.

I hop up the stairs and head back into my bedroom. I walk into my ensuite bathroom and make a beeline to the shower. I turn the knob to the shower handle and I turn it up to the hot side. I step in and immediately regret turning it to the hot side. I hiss and turn it to the middle and stand in awe of the perfect temperature. I shower and get dressed for school.

I run down the stairs, passing my mom's office on the way down, and quickly grab my helmet. I open the garage door, causing the alarm to react with a small beep and run down the small set of stairs.

I pull on my helmet and throw my leg over the seat of my motorcycle. I turn on the engine and press a button settled on the wall. I reverse until I'm in the driveway. On the outside of my garage I type in the passcode for the garage and watch it close. I drive around the circular driveway and head for school.

8th Period

I'm sitting in 8th period and I feel a pair of eyes glaring at my back. I slowly turn to see Dylan giving me a death stare. In her eyes was a mixture of sadness and anger. I have no idea why but I plan to find out about what's upsetting her. I mean if looks could kill I'd definitely be dead by now.

The bell rings and she rushes to try and get out of the classroom but that fails when she trips on one of her shoelaces and falls, taking her papers and books with her. I bend down to help her but a simple look from her tells me to let her cool off from whatever has upset her. She gives me one last glare before exiting the room. I shrug my shoulders and meet up with Ian and Hunter outside.

"Hola amigos." (hey friends) I greet.
"And look who it is." Ian says with a silly smile.
"Hey." Hunter simply greets.
"My mom's back in town." I inform them, settling onto the top of the table we were sitting at.
"That's awesome man! Can we come over tomorrow and see her?" Ian asks.
"Yeah of course she'd be happy to see you two." I reply. Something is clearly distracting Hunter I thought to myself.
"Yo Hunter!" I say slightly pushing him.
"Huh? Yeah?" He answers.

I just shrug and get up from my spot on the table. I grab my bag, say goodbye to my friends, and make my way to my motorcycle. I get on and head home.

When I arrive home I see Dyaln sitting at my doorstep, head in her hands. She looks pissed off and annoyed. Oh lord and I'm the one who has to deal with it. I wave to her but she ignores it so I get a bit closer to her to talk.
"Hey what's wrong?" I ask.
"Don't play innocent!" She says.
"What?" I ask truly confused.
"How could you?! I actually thought we had something!" She yells.

"I don't know what you're talking about Dylan!" I answer back.
"Sure you don't. Do you do this to all the girls huh? Lead them on and then crush their hearts." She says, crossing her arms.
"Dylan I don't know what's going on but-."

Then I feel a slight sting on my left cheek. She. Slapped. Me.

I look up and see tears in her eyes.
"I didn't want it to come to this but I guess it had to." She says a tear dropping down her face. She uses one of her hands to wipe it away. With that she turns away from me and walks back to her house.

What the hell just happened?

Guysssss. Guess who's back? Yes you guessed it's me! I'm so glad to be back. So sorry for the hold up :( Anyways I hated to do this part. Any of you know why Dylan snapped at Cameron? Picture to the side is Cameron's bedroom. More to come.
-Annie