Titanic

|Dylan's POV|

Today after school, I catch a ride with Casey.
"Mall?" I ask.
"I'm sorry Dyl but I have a ton of homework and just look forward to tomorrow." She says.

"Aww." I complain. She pulls into my driveway and unlocks the doors of the car.
"Later love." She says as I step out.

"Bye Casey." I say as she pulls up the window and waves as she backs out of the driveway. I walk to the door and take the key out from under the mat. I forgot my key at home today and I am too lazy to ring the bell.

I unlock the door into my fresh-smelling house. Meaning, mom was home and doing chores. Mostly laundry today. I walk into the kitchen and grab a cookie from the pack of cookies mom bought today. Probably for Destiny.

Every Monday in this house is grocery day. Me, Bryon, and mom take turns going to the grocery store every Monday. I guess today is mom's week. We go in order of age. So mom's first, I'm second, and Bryon is last.
"Hi Dylan!" Destiny greets and runs over with her backpack on. I guess Bryon picked her up today.

"Hey little sis. How was your day?" I ask. "Great." She says with an angelic smile. She sits at the island and starts to unzip her backpack. I sit down next to her and Bryon sits on the other side of her.

We help her with any problems she doesn't understand and then start our homework, wishing Destiny's homework is ours.

About 25 minutes later, I hear the doorbell ring throughout the house.
"I'll get it!" I yell as I pass Destiny, playing with her dolls. I swing open the door to reveal Kristy standing there with her skateboard. Kristy lives down the street. It's kinda funny how we all live in the same neighborhood.

"Hey Dyl." She says as she pops a tic-tac into her mouth. I open my hand and wait for her to give me some as well. She gives me two and I stand aside and let her inside.

Mom walks into the foyer with a huge basket of clothes in her hands.
"Kristy my dear, how are you?" She asks.
"Oh I'm doing just fine Ms. Justice." She replies as she takes the basket from my mother's hands.

"Where do you need it?" She asks with a smile.
"Oh Kristy you are an angel, thank you I need it in the upstairs hallway I have to sort the clothes into the kid's baskets." She informs.
"Oh alright, be right back." She answers as she starts walking to the staircase.

We have a plan around here for laundry. Mom does laundry all together as in her clothes, my clothes, Bryon's clothes, and Destiny's clothes. Then she takes it upstairs.

Each of us kids has a job, we have to put out our laundry baskets into the hallway so that when mom comes up all she has to do is sort our clothing. She throws our clothing into each of our baskets.

Of course me, mom, and Bryon have to fold our own clothes. As for Destiny, mom helps her fold. Kristy comes back down and throws her arms around me.

"Can we watch our movie?" She asks.
"Of course." I say. We walk past Destiny and Bryon into the living room. I turn on the TV and put it onto the DVD setting. Kristy grabs the movie and inserts it into the DVD player.

As the movie begins Kristy opens her purse and throws me tissues and a bag of Dum-Dums. I smile at her and throw her tissues and a bottle of Sprite, her favorite soda. She smiles back as we get comfy in my couch and continue watching 'The Titanic'.

Hey guys. Long time no write huh? Well I'm back with about two parts today. Yeah I'm doing his under cover because I'm grounded. Why you may ask? I have a detention. Yippee! Notice the sarcasm. I'll try hard to get some parts in this week. Spring break is coming up soon so yesss. Later gators.
-Annie