Chapter 59: Scarlett

I pick Duckie up onto my hip as he cries, I hold him close to me as I take him back to my room. I Pause in front of the door, I don't want to deal with Boris. I instead turn around and take Duckie to George's bedroom, we'll both be safe there and hopefully George is working. I shut the door behind us and set my son in the bed, "I didn't do anything! I just wanted to play with her!" He cries and I sit on the bed next to him rubbing his back gently, Alice shouldn't have gotten so upset at him. I should have never left my children with her, ever. I should have never even left without them. Duckie puts his head in my lap and I twirl his hair between my fingertips comfortingly as he starts to calm down. "I want to go home mama." He wipes the tears off his face with the back of his hand and I kiss his forehead gently. "Soon my darling, why don't I go and see if your papa is available?" I continue to stroke his hair gently, it's a poor substitute for the man I loved so much but they should get to know each other at least a little bit before we leave. "Ok Mama" he sniffles before laying down on the bed. I shut the door and let out a deep breath, I just want to go home, I'm already tired of acting like I love George, Even if he is good to me. So kind compared to Boris, But he is not my real love. I sink down against the wall and zone out, I can't breathe, I can hear the loud noises of people around me and all of a sudden I feel hands wrap around my chest "Stop," I mutter, Barely conscious but they keep pulling me as I groan in pain, Not being able to feel anything under my waist, Just pain everywhere. A hand on my shoulder jerks me out of my thoughts "Scarlett are you alright?" George looks don at me, I need to stop zoning out, People are going to start calling me crazy "I'm fine George," I smile at him as He kisses my cheek slowly "Aren't you busy this time of day?" I ask as he looks at me adoringly, Uncomfortableness bubbles up inside me, Why couldn't my real love looked at me like this? "I always make time for you," He mutters into my ear pulling me closer to him, I wonder what his wife thinks of me, I've only seen her a couple times, But everyone knows I'm his mistress. I pull my lips away from him guiltily. "Our son is waiting for you." I whisper in his ear as he pulls me gently closer, I told him he doesn't have to be gentle with me but he still does it anyways because of Boris, "Our son?" His eyes light up, I do think he loves Duckie. "He's perfect, I'll go see him now, I'm so proud of him." He presses his lips to mine gently, Pulling me closer. He wants more, He can't get enough from me. He's not like the Grand Dukes and Princes full of lust and pleasure that gave me what I needed. "Of course George," I smile at him when he's finished kissing me, I let out a sigh as he walks away. It's just a week I remind myself as I feel a pair of hands grab my waist. Boris. "Get off me," I snap at him angrily and jerk myself away, He hasn't been able to touch me in almost two years. "Is it so wrong I missed my darling wife?" He sneers and grabs me by the chin, Pulling me into the bedroom. Little Mikhail sits there still as a stone looking down at his reader, "I don't count myself as your wife," I slap him across the face and he pushes me to the ground, He is going to do this in front of his precious son he forced himself on me for? "See my boy? That is what you do when someone doesn't listen," Boris walks over and picks Mikhail up so he looks down at me with his piercing eyes, "You are just as bad as your father," I spit at the devil child, How could I get such a son? Duckie would protect me at all costs, "Shut up, Don't treat your son like that," He kicks me in the stomach, Right where my scar is from the wreck. I groan in pain as I sink to the floor, It burns like hellfire, It's not even completely healed yet. "Get up before I do more my sweetheart," Boris says mockingly and drags me up off the floor, I'm tired of this. I'm tired of all the suffering I am forced to go through and now this devil beating me again. "I hope you rot in hell," I kick him in the groin and take his son with me, Walking out the room. "You'll be down there with me," He laughs after me as I walk down the hall. How could a child just watch his parents do this without even crying? "You are being bad," He says as I look down at the devil child, He barely ever speaks to me. And I make no effort to talk to him. "You are just like him go play with your sister," I let his hand go and he just glares at me, He's hated me since the day he was born. "You are bad," he glares right back at me then goes to join Licy. "Mikhail!" She almost tackles him in a hug "Hello Sister," He says coolly and sits down to play with her as I walk to George's room to meet him.