Secretive

[Had to take a break. Thank you to everyone who patiently waited. At this rate I feel like I lost all of my readers. Whoops!]

Jake's POV

There I was, above him. On top of Albert. Again. We were already done. I still had him pinned down though. I admired the boy who was under me. When I let go of his arms, he wrapped his arms around me and he pulled himself up.

"I'm tired." he said. I kissed his cheek and he slowly let go. "You should go to sleep then." I whispered. He laid back and he dragged me down too. He kissed me on the lips and he pulled a blanket over us. He suddenly stopped. He drifted away and so did I.

Buzz... buzz...

I heard buzzing, followed by the sound of my ringtone. The sound was coming from under the bed. I sheepishly got up and I looked for it. I tried not to wake Albert up. When I found my phone, I picked up the call. I didn't even look at the contact name. I was just wanted to know who was calling me in the middle of the night.

"Hello?" I said in a groggy voice. "Jake where the hell are you?" I looked at the contact name and I realized it was actually Diana. "Oh- uh- downstairs? I was sleeping." I said. "Why are you still down there? Why don't you come up here and sleep?" she asked. "I said I fell asleep. Sorry? I hope you're not offended." I said in a frustrated tone. "Jake... just shut up and go to bed." she said, clearly annoyed. "Alright, I'm coming up there." I said and I quickly hung up.

I set my phone off to the side and I got dressed. I left Albert's room and I went to Diana's room. I went straight to the bathroom and I got ready to go to bed. When I came out I laid next to Diana. She hogged the blanket and she turned away from me.

"Diana, are you kidding me?"

She sat up and she turned on the lamp.

"I had the blanket first." she said with a smug look on her face. She got up and she took a blanket out of the closet. She threw it at me and she crawled back in bad. "You happy now? I mean, you could've gotten up and done it yourself instead of getting salty." she said. "Shut up." I said. "What? Why are you being extra cranky right now?" she asked.

"You're being annoying." I mumbled. "I'm not being annoying, or at least I'm not trying to be annoying."

"Well, you're being annoying."

"What are you talking about? I am not doing anything to you!" she yelled.

"Leave me alone then."

"What the hell!? I- Whatever." she said before it got silent.

"Jake, why don't you put effort into our relationship anymore?" asked Diana.

I sat up and I looked at her. "What did you-"

"I feel like you've given up on us. You don't ever try talking to me, you're always mad and the only times we ever get to talk is when we fight about something dumb." she said.

"Maybe I did give up." I said.

"I miss talking to you. I miss being happy with you. I don't know if there's anything bothering you right now. You're not open anymore. You know, you can always talk to me about that kind of stuff."

"What am I supposed to talk to you about? I have nothing to say to you. I'll just feel worse. We always end up screaming at each other in the end. I don't know what has gotten into you." I said as I looked the other way.

"I'm sorry. I haven't been controlling my temper very well lately. When you told me about what you did while I was gone, I kind of snapped. I always have a reason to be mad at you." said Diana