I love you

Albert's POV

I was watching Stranger Things in the living room with Jake. Kirsten left to go pick Ana up from cheer practice. She brought Rebecca, Roseanne and Adam with her.

Jake was sitting beside me on the couch. He had his arms wrapped around his knees. He has been acting weird. He's very quiet. He seems very shy and preserved.

"Do you want to go do something? I'm bored," I said before I turned the TV off. He didn't say anything. He just stared at the floor and then he put his head, between his knees.

"Jake?" I said.

"Jake." I repeated.

"Jake, are you ok?"

I don't know why I asked that. He's clearly not doing well.

"Jakey?"

He finally peeked his head up and looked at me.

"Um," I said, trying to make eye contact with him.

"Hm?"

"Uhh," I said, feeling a little too nervous to talk.

"What..?"

"Do you wanna go outside or something?" I asked. He nodded and then we headed out to the front yard. I took my skateboard out and I just skated on the sidewalk. Jake sat on the sidewalk and watched the cars as they passed by.

When I was done messing around, I sat down beside Jake on the sidewalk. I stared at him and I watched as his beautiful hair flowed with the small breezes. The sunset was pretty.

I leaned my head on his shoulder and watched the sunset.

"Jake?"

"Hm?"

"I love you." I said in a soft tone.

He looked down at me and then he looked away. His face was a little pink.

"Jake?"

"Uhm, what's up?"

"Are you ok?"

"Not really."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Is there anything I can do about that?"

"Well, not really. Not anything that you'd want or expect."

"and that is..?"

"No... nevermind."

"You sure?"

"Yeah..."

We stayed there for a few minutes. It was relaxing. I was happy.

"Jake?"

"Yeah?"

"So, we're going to have a small party this Friday. Meg, her kids, Kaden, Raven, Paige and her boyfriend are coming to Florida on Thursday. Russo, Ethan, Elijah and Denis are all going to be there too. Russo isn't staying with us until Megan gets here with their girls. I'm just giving you a heads up."

"Oh, okay." he said. He finally gave in and leaned his head on to mine.