Suspicious

Jake's POV

My phone was buzzing in the middle of the night. I picked it up from my nightstand and I checked my notifications. Kirsten was trying to call me in the middle of the night.

Kirsten
Jake! Answer the phone!

Jake
What's going on?

Kirsten
I'm screwed

Jake
What happened??

Kirsten
I don't know what to do!

Jake
Ok what is it!? I was sleeping!

Kirsten
don't get mad

Jake
Why would I be mad?

Kirsten
because we messed up

Jake
We?

Kirsten
Yeah

Jake
What do you mean by 'we messed up'?

Kirsten
You probably dont even remember

Jake
Remember what?

Kirsten
The night we were all drinking...

Jake
Yeah?

Kirsten
I dont remember much from that night and I do hope that Albert told you.

Jake
Told me what???

Kirsten
We may have screwed around with no protection.

Jake
Yeah, he told me

Kirsten
Do you not get what I'm trying to tell you?

Jake
What

Kirsten
I took a test

Jake
...and?

Kirsten
I may be pregnant and I dont know what to do dumbass

Jake
Oh...

Kirsten
Is there any way that you could help me?

Jake
I don't really know, I'm pretty far away from where you're at and I cant really leave Ohio for probably another few weeks

Kirsten
I dont know what to do! I dont want a fucking kid!

Jake
I am so sorry

Kirsten
All I can think of is abortion

Jake
Isn't that a little too harsh?

Kirsten
Yes it is! I dont want to do it though! It's just like murdering someone who didn't get a chance at life and I dont want to do that but it's all I can think of!

Jake
Maybe dont get an abortion. A lot can change in 9 months and maybe you'll feel better and you might change your mind. I'm so sorry that I'm not much help since I'm not even with you. I do understand that it's my problem too but I dont know how to help.

Kirsten
Yeah I think I'll keep it. I dont know how I'm going to do this alone though.

Jake
I'm so sorry. I wish you luck I guess.

Kirsten
Thank you

Jake
Well I'm going back to sleep, goodnight

Kirsten
Goodnight!

I put my phone back on the nightstand and I looked down to see Albert who was squeezing my waist. I pulled the blanket up to his shoulder and I tried to go back to sleep. It was hard since all I could think about was what Kirsten told me.

The next morning I woke up to Albert, scrolling through his phone next to me.

"What are you doing?" I asked him in a groggy voice. "Nothing, why?" he asked. "No reason at all, actually." I said. "Wow you don't even say good morning." said Albert as he put his phone back on the nightstand. "Why does it matter that much?" I asked. "It doesn't matter but it's the little sweet things that matter the most to me." he said.

"That was corny!" I laughed.

Albert grabbed a pillow and he threw it at me.

"Hey! Chill!" I yelled. "No!" he snapped. I grabbed the pillow that he threw at me and I threw it back.

"Stop!" he screamed. He picked up a pillow and just as he was about to throw it, I grabbed his wrists and I pushed him down onto the bed.

"Get off!" he giggled. "Make me." I said before he began to kiss me. We were soon interrupted by my buzzing phone. I pulled away and I let go of him.

"Why did you stop?" asked Albert. "You told me to stop earlier anyway." I said as I picked up my phone. "I didn't want you to stop now though." he frowned.

"Albert we can't do this every single day."

"I mean, why not?"

"Well first of all, I'm not your sex toy."

"What do you mean? Who owns you as a sex toy, you prostitute?" Albert glared at me. "Nobody!" I hissed.

"Dude, chill out. Why are you getting pissed over just a question?"

"Two questions."

"Whatever! I was just asking as a joke but you're taking it suspiciously seriously!" said Albert.

Albert's POV

Jake was being suspicious. I felt like he was trying to hide something. I wonder what he is hiding. What if he's talking to someone else? He grabbed his phone and he left the room. Something isn't right. A few minutes later he came back and he down at me.

"So my father needs an urgent surgery and I'm going to be gone for a little while. When I come back, we may need to have a talk about something." said Jake.

I nodded and I looked down at my legs. He threw his phone on the bed and he went to the bathroom and he got changed. When he was done he grabbed his wallet and his keys and he left.

As soon as he left I broke into tears. I didn't know exactly why I was crying. All knew was that he probably had something going on with someone else. I looked at the side of the bed and I noticed that he left his phone.

I took it and I turned it on. He told me his password once so that wasn't an obstacle. I looked through his messages until...

Oh...