Chapter 106 - Brewing Darkness

After the chaos of chasing Aster from Null Village, the whole town had gone into lockdown, leaving Jerry stuck with a lot of the others in the evaluation building. Aster had fled with Latias hot on his tail, and after that, it didn't seem like anybody else had remained. The reason for the lockdown, though, was because Dark Matter had been detected rapidly approaching Null Village at around the same time Latias had been spotted, which led to a lot of cautionary procedures Jerry hadn't even known they had.

That left him stuck in a room with Zena, Trina, and a bubbling, growling Amia in her element-proof container.

"So much for running off with them to find Palkia or whatever that plan was supposed to be," Jerry muttered. "He ditched us!"

"It wasn't like he had a choice," Zena said, though she'd been squeezing her ribbons repeatedly to pass the time. "I do hope he's okay..."

"I believe so," Trina replied. "I caught glimpses of that fused version of Team Alloy. They're fast. I don't think Aster will be able to catch up very easily."

"I'm worried about how quickly Latias fled, too," Zena hummed. "One was real, and I think the other... She used an attack I'd only seen from Anam, when..."

"Kggrrr..."

"Yeah, Amia's got a point." Jerry rolled his eyes. "You guys speculate too much. I just want to get out and see if my place is set up yet."

"Your place?" Zena tilted her head.

"You know, for living here." Jerry sighed. "Now that we're cleared of corruption or whatever they search for, I'm going to get a Class and then a job to go with it. Didn't they prompt you at all?"

"No... They're still evaluating my Class." Zena looked rolled her ribbons again. "Since my memories aren't complete, they said they're determining if I'm B or C."

"Rough. I'm A here."

"They seem certain that I'm a Class B as well," Trina added. "But I can't recall what I forgot."

"Uh, duh."

Trina scowled.

Light footsteps followed by a gentle knock at the door caught their attention.

"Finally, maybe we can get outta here." Jerry stretched his legs from sitting down for too long.

The door slid open; in came Marshadow and a red-white, floating Pokémon. There had been a lot of unfamiliar Pokémon recently.

"Lemme guess." Jerry folded his wings. "Friend of yours?"

"Yeh." Marshadow gestured to her. "This is Latias."

"Sounds familiar..."

"Legendary Pokémon, same ol' same ol'." Marshadow waved dismissively.

"It's nice to meet you," Latias said, floating forward with her hand outstretched.

Jerry tilted his head. She didn't seem very friendly. Polite, maybe, but...

Zena reached out with a ribbon and shook Latias' hand, and Trina, struggling to reach, did the same while looking away.

"The sooner I can evolve again, the better," Trina muttered.

Latias then approached Jerry, holding out her hand.

"Kinda formal," Jerry remarked.

"It's polite," Latias said without a hint of a smile.

"It's not so hard, Jerry" Zena stared at him. "Be polite."