Chapter 94 - Resonance

"OWEN!" Gahi cried, barely able to stand.

Clouds of dust obscured anything that was under the Titan's feet. The plateau had collapsed and the two had fallen right into them. Marshadow's flames were bright green and yellow, muttering curses to himself as his eyes darted left and right for something.

Eon was about to fly forward, but then Marshadow squeezed his shoulder and said, "We ain't gettin' there. They're gone! They're gone! We gotta fall back!"

"NO, THEY AREN'T!" Eon roared, flying forward again. "I can still sense them! They're in there, they—"

"That's just that Mystic power er whatever," Marshadow said firmly. "There ain't any recoverin' from—"

"Do you really want a Mystic Titan?" Eon hissed. "We're going to remove them from that thing."

"We don't have the power fer that," Marshadow hissed again.

"Then get off me. I'm doing it myself!"

"So am I!" Gahi spread his wings, wincing as some of his shadowy burns reminded him that he wouldn't be at his best.

"Gahi," Trina warned, but Gahi gave her a firm glare. She glared back, and even as the Titan lifted its foot again and turned toward them, they stared each other down. Finally, Trina said, "I'll help."

"Yer all nuts," Marshadow snarled. "We can't beat a Titan. Like this we c'n only run. We don't got the power fer—"

"I'm not leavin' Owen," Gahi snarled. "Not 'til I know we can't win."

His wings darkened until they resembled a starry sky. The winds picked up around Eon, a small dust storm brewing below him.

"I can't manipulate the plateaus," Eon reported, "but I can use the dust on the ground. And I can feel my Flying Orb working, too."

"Rrgh..." Marshadow glanced at the Titan, which was in some sort of paused state, and then at the others. "Snivy, stay back with Xypher and Hakk. Y'ain't strong enough."

Trina looked defiant, but she ultimately nodded and transferred to Xypher with an extended vine. The Corviknight wasn't anywhere near flight-worthy, steely feathers partially melted and burned black rather than their elegant purple.

There was something resonating within the Titan, and Eon knew that feeling all too well. Owen. Perhaps even Amia.

Marshadow pulled out a few four-sided crystals. "We can try ter distract it and go fer a strike, then. If we're really fast and he's really lucky, we'll be able ter pull those two out." He was speaking hollowly, like there was no chance that was true. "Or," he added, "we cn' at least neutralize it so they'll just be normal Void Shadows."

By now, they had flown cautiously toward the Titan, which seemed to be resuming its movements, looking slowly toward them.

Marshadow winced. "This is a strong one," he said, cursing. "we aren't supposed ter take these head-on. It's got a core."

"A core?" Gahi asked. "So, a weak point."

"No," Marshadow hissed. "Don't hit th' core. Y'ain't gonna do anything. Now, listen. The way to beat a Titan is ter take out its appendages, and then strike the center body. Break it apart and it'll destabilize enough that it'll—"

The two Flygon swerved out of the way of an incoming shadowy blast, which pierced the clouds when it missed. Black lightning crackled in the haze.

"Gahi, yer faster!" Marshadow shouted when they drew closer. "Distract it with this, and then Eon'll go fer attackin'!"