Chapter 28

Seif was silent for a few seconds as if deeply in thoughts but then he looked at me with a genuine smile and said, “Congratulations, I’m really happy for you.”

  “Thank you.” I blushed a little. I was used to the congratulations by now but coming from Seif it was different. He was my best friend, the brother I never had even.

  It was weird how I never mentioned Zayn’s name to him before. Come to think about it, I never really mention Zayn in any of my conversation. I think it has to do with the fact that I’m very much conscious about his job and his position.

  Walking around the corner, I noticed Zayn’s car parked in front of my building making my mouth curl unconsciously in a smile. It’s been about four days since Zayn was back and I’m still not used to having him around all the time. I’m not complaining though.

  “Thank you for walking me home, Seif.” I gave him a small smile stopping a couple of feet’s away from Zayn’s car.

  “Your building is still way over there. I can walk you to the door, it’s on my way.” He offered kindly.

  “Zayn is here. I’m going out with him.” I smiled pointing at Zayn’s car noticing he was getting out of it and walking our way.

  “Oh, okay then. Have fun.” Seif pulled a forced smile looking at me then glancing behind me, at Zayn I assume, whose hand was wrapped protectively around my waist.

  “Hello.” Zayn’s voice seemed a bit formal.

  “Um, hey.” Seif smiled uneasily looking at Zayn for a second.

  The tension between the three of us was unbearable so I decided to break the ice by introducing them, “Seif, this is my fiancé Zayn. Zayn, this is Seif who I told you about before.” 

  “Congratulations.” Seif said in a small voice, I bit he was nervous. Maybe a bit afraid of Zayn even.

  I had to admit, Zayn looked like a badass in his black ripped jeans, tight black body-fitted shirt showing off his all tattoos with the ray ban shades on.

  “Thanks mate.” Zayn’s voice came out a little deeper than usual which was odd.

  “So, I have to..” Seif said nervously pointing to the road.

  “Yeah, I’ll call you tomorrow to schedule a quick revision before the presentation.” I gave him a sweet smile to ease up the atmosphere a little.

  “She’d probably be too busy tomorrow so don’t count on that, mate.” Zayn interrupted me rudely still using his deep voice.

  “It’s okay, we covered everything today. See you in class.” He said quickly before speed walking away.

   Once Seif walked away, Zayn unwrapped his arm from around my waist and took my hand in his leading me to his car, “Top lad, aint he.” Zayn snorted in an offense way to Seif making me stop in my place and stand there with one brow raised at him looking as pissed as I could manage to look.

  I couldn’t believe how rude Zayn just acted in front of Seif.

  “What?” He said innocently like he didn’t just embarrass me in front of my friend.

  “You know what.” I said sounding pissed. Good.

  “Oh my god,” A teenage girl squeaked right next to us interrupting our conversation. She literally pushed me aside as she and her walked up to Zayn which made me even madder than I was at him. I can’t even had a conversation with him.

  Ignoring the fans, I quietly walked to Zayn’s car and waited for him to finish taking photos and talk with his fans which was only five minutes.