Chapter 8

Reaching my old house, I felt some mixed feelings wash over me. I hadn’t been to this house for nearly 2 weeks but a lot had happened since then.

I felt happy walking on the driveway of my house. I missed my family so much but at the same time my heart wasn't at rest. I was anxious to have my long due conversation with Nadia and since I'm here I should also have a serious conversation with my father.

He had been so quiet since my engagement. He never tried to call me or voice his worries that I knew from Tasneem. And I didn't even know if my mom had gotten to him or not. That was one more reason to make my stress level over the roof.

Knocking on the door, I waited for a few minutes before my mom finally opened the door.

"Maggie!" she beamed surprised when she saw me. I guess Nadia didn't tell her I was coming over.

"Hey mom." I was happy to see her but my voice was tired from the bus ride and the somewhat long walk to the house.

"You look too damn skinny Maggie. Don't you eat?" She asked but didn't wait for an answered before she dragged me to the kitchen.

"I'm not hungry now mom just tired. And for your information, I do eat." I sat on one of the chairs in the kitchen.

"None sense. You'll eat. You almost look like a stick." My mom whined placing a plate with some leftovers in front of me.

"Not with these curves, she doesn’t." I tilted my head with a smile on my face as I saw Nadia entering the kitchen.

"Shut up you weirdo." I said playfully ad I gave her a warm hug.

"Literally Maggie, how come we are sisters? I have no curves what so ever but somehow you managed to get a Brazilian model body." she whined sitting next to me and picking at my food.

"Why Brazilian?" I chuckled at her weird comment giving myself a look.

I wasn't a model by far. I was more of a between chubby baby and normal body type with fats in all the wrong places.

"Because of the curves." she said in a 'dah' way rolling her eyes.

"I don't look like any kind of model. More like a baby hippo." I rolled my eyes and Nadia chuckled.

"Maybe if you wore some skinny jeans you would see how good you look." She continued to nipple on my plate.

"If I wore them, everyone would see my not so 'Brazilian model' body." I quoted her words and she rolled her eyes.

"Just come up stairs and I'll show you how good you'll look in them jeans." She sat up and grabbed my hand dragging me out of the kitchen.

"Have fun girls." I heard my mom yell out with a smile making me roll my eyes.