Chapter 7

That phone call from Zayn was the best start to my day. It lifted my whole mood and the panic, fear and worry from last night had disappeared.

Aaroosa and Waliyha knew nothing of yesterday’s events as they spent the night at a relative’s house yesterday. I didn’t bother telling them anything when we met this morning at Uni either. Why worry them over something that wasn’t even theirs to worry about?

The day was dragging on like usual. Even though today was one of the short days, we only had three lectures, but I was still impatient throughout the day. Sneaking peeks at the clock whenever I could, wishing it would go faster. I had plans to go back to my parents later today. I was anxious for the school day to be over with so I could go pack and catch the bus before dark time.

“Are you sure about Seif?” Kaliq whispered to me snapping me of my daze during our last lecture which was business.

“What?” I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

“You still want to switch partners?” He clarified in a hushed tune.

“Oh, yeah, sure.” I remembered yesterday’s conversations. That seemed like ages ago.

“Great. Thanks Maggs, you literally saved me.” He looked at professor Williams who gave us a semi death glare when he caught us whispering.

After class was over, Kaliq dragged me, Waliyha and Seif to Professor Williams’s office in an attempted to switch partners. I didn’t know why Kaliq was insistent on switching partners like that. I mean Seif wasn’t that bad really. He was a little nerdy and a little too quiet at times but other than that he was fine.

 “Hello professor.” Kaliq tried to be as polite as possible to be on Professor Williams’s good side, if he even had one.

 “Hello,” He replied impatiently not even bothering to look up.

“We were wondering if we could take a minute of your time to ask you about something.” Kaliq sucked in the swear word in his throat and forced himself to be as polite as possible.

Professor Williams looked up from his glasses to see who was in front him giving us all death glares until he noticed Seif with us. He sighed then said through his teeth “What do you want?”

“We were wondering if the four of us can switch partners.” Kaliq was the spokesperson for all of us.

“Do you want to switch partners Seif?” Professor ignored Kaliq and turned his attention to Seif making all of us confused.

“Yes, if that’s possible.” Seif replied politely with his accent.

“Very well, who do you want as a partner?” Professor Williams grabbed his pen his notebook.

“Erm..” Seif didn’t know my name so I stepped in to help him.

“Maggie Saeed.” Professor Williams looked up at me with a quizzical look then tilted his head to look at Seif.

“Are you sure?” He asked and Seif nodded.

After professor Williams wrote our new partners’ names and the projects we were supposed to do, we all headed out of the building and started to walk to our usual spot with Seif not too far behind.

“What was up with his looks?” I asked as we walked.

“Who knows, Its Williams, he’s always weird like that.” Kaliq shrugged.

“What are we going to do now?” I asked hoping it was just hanging out so I could leave then without feeling too guilty.

“The usual; wait for Aaroosa and Layla then go out for lunch.” Waliyha shrugged.