Chapter 12

The days seem to be dragging on, literally dragging on. It was just a boring series of a continuous routine; I wake up, go to school, attend a few classes then spend some time with my uni friends before Seif texts me for a meeting about the project which is a never ending process of redoing what we already finished because Seif wasn’t satisfied with our work then I go home do some homework, call or text Zayn whichever he had time for before I finally go to sleep and repeat it all again the next day.

 My life was a boring cycle of useless events, one thing kept me from going insane which was the fact that I was going to see Zayn next week! I was so excited, I even went on a little shopping spree to get a decent outfit for our reunion. I never go shopping but I wanted to look god for Zayn.

  I was day dreaming about the dream I had when I was back at my parent’s house. God, how I wish it was real. I know we are only engaged not married which made me feel guilty for my thoughts but we were going to get married someday…eventually.

  That was another thing that made me feel guilty and a little bit worried as well. Whenever I hinted about the wedding, Zayn would change the subject. He was acting so weird the past couple of days. He was always texting instead of calling and when he did call me he was so wary of what he was saying like he was afraid to say something wrong.

 We were never like that before. I always talked like a fool in front of him and he joked about it. Did I embarrass him or something without realizing? Or was he hiding something from me?

  “Maggie, what do you think?” Bella asked showing me one of the dresses on the stand. We were shopping, again.

  “It’s cute.” I said bringing my attention back to the girls.

  “Who’s keeping your mind?” Bella winked.

  “Nothing, I’m just worried about the project.” I shrugged it off. Okay, I know I shouldn’t lie about this, especially not to my girl-friends but I just don’t feel comfortable enough talking to anyone about my feelings. Well, Tasneem doesn’t count.

  “Seif is still nagging you?” Bella rolled her eyed annoyed.

  “He doesn’t nag me.” I whined. I hated how all of my friends hated Seif and judged him just because he was a little nerdy.

  “He so does. He literally always texts you about that stupid project and you rarely have anytime to go out and when you do go out you always worry about it.”

  “Seriously, he’s not that bad. He just wants to get an A, so do I.” I argued.

  “Whatever. This one or the first dress I picked?”

 ****

  Shopping was just not for me. We spent about two hours searching for a dress for Bella. She was going to some sort of a party on Saturday. She needed something casual but yet fancy which was an odd choice for a party but whatever.

  I didn’t leave empty handed either. I bought myself a pair of heels. I was dying to wear heels again and it actually went well with the outfit I bought for the reunion.

  The reunion. Ugh, I had some mixed feelings about it. On one hand I was jumping from excitement and happiness as ii was going to finally see Zayn again after what seems like forever but at the other hand I was dreading it just because of how Zayn had been acting lately.

  And whenever I asked him what was wrong or just tried to get him to talk he would just brush it off saying everything was fine, that it was some work load with lack of sleep but I wasn’t very convinced. He was very warily with me and always preoccupied which was my habit not his.