Chapter 2

The restaurant that Zayn took me to was absolutely amazing. Obviously it was one of those dress codes restaurant but we didn’t have anything prepared and I was afraid they might not let us in but apparently Zayn’s manager got it all sorted out while Zayn was preforming on stage.

I felt very self-conscious in that place. Everyone was wearing their finest clothes and their most expensive jewelries ,I didn’t think I have anything that was worth eating here, and here I was in my leather pants, jacket and silk shirt and to top it off I was wearing flats with no pedicure.

“Its fine, Maggie. No one can see us in the private booth.” Zayn reassured me as he noticed my worried looks.

“I know but look at how I’m dressed.” I sighed and gave one of the ladies in the table that was the closest to us a dreamy look she was what you call the model of my dreams; Tall, skinny, tanned, with a perfect strapless black dress that fitted her perfectly and a breath taking necklaces with its matching bracelet and earrings. She looked perfect.

“You are dressed perfectly,” He took my hand and kissed it, making me turn my head to him and blush a little, “Plus look at how I’m dressed. Tight ripped jeans, plan white tee and leather jacket, not what you call formal, eh?” He tried to cheer me up which he was successful at.

“Oh, yeah, Zayn. You are embarrassing me.” I teased him, knowing fully well that some of the stares we got were because of him and the paparazzi’s who followed us till the door.

“Whatever, you still love me.” he said it cheekily making me blush. I knew I loved him because my heart was racing whenever he touched me, my chest would be swell when he compliment me and my stomach would be filled with butterflies every time he smiles at me.

They told me that this was how love felt, so that meant I did love him. I did admit it to myself but it wasn’t as easy to admit it to him or anyone, for that matter. That word seemed to be so heavy on my tongue for some reason. In movies they always say, you say the ‘L’ word when you feel it, then why couldn’t I say it to him? God, it even felt weird hearing that word.

“How are you today, Mr. and Mrs. Malik?” The waiter said to us making me smile, “Whenever you are ready, I’ll come to take your order.” He smiled and left.

‘Mrs. Malik’ the word was still strange to my ear but I liked the sound of it, even though it wasn’t official yet.

“What’s on your mind?” He asked taking a sip of his water.

“I just can’t believe that this is real.” I half whispered, still in shock.

“What don’t you believe?” He smiled that million dollar smile.

“I  don’t,” I shrugged smiling, “This? Us? I don’t know,” I sighed then looked at him, “Did you really just propose or was it all in my head?”

“It’s all in your head.” He teased and I raised one eyebrow at him.

“Really? So, you didn’t just embarrass yourself and me by singing ‘Not a bad thing’ in front of what? Thirty thousand people?” I said sarcastically.

“Embarrass you? I remember you were crying and jumping around in happiness.” He raised his eyebrow in amusement.

“Oh, god. I was a mess. I looked horrible, I wasn’t dressed appropriately and my make-up was running down my face and what’s worse is that it’s all recorded and on the phones of those 30 thousand fan if not on the internet by now.”

“You don’t like it?” His face fell and all traces of teasing disappeared.

“No, No, I loved it. It was the best moment of my life.” I reassured him feeling worried.