Chapter 58

Dinner was really nice. It mostly contained some light chats but my dad ignored Ella for the duration of it and tried to investigate Zayn for the rest of the time.

"Your cooking is really amazing. Your samosa is top to be honest. Don't tell my mom I said that though." Zayn chuckled along with my mom when my dad went to the bathroom. Ella and Nadia went up to Ella's room to talk since Ella felt too uncomfortable in the presence of my father. It was quite understandable, he really did dislike her and he made no effort to hide his feelings.

"Thank you, dear. I try to learn from all the Arab women around here. Saeed loves himself some authentic food." Mom replied feeling really proud of herself.

"Wow, that's really sick. My mom tells me the same. When she first married my dad she thought curry was an actual meal on its own." He laughed.

"Oh god, that reminds me of the time I thought the only Egyptian food was Falafel and made if for him every day. He was so polite then, used to eat without complaining till one day he final asked me why I only made falafel and I innocently responded because it's the Egyptian meal." Mom chuckled on the memory and my dad joined us in the living room that moment.

"I remember those days. You thought Falafel was a whole meal on its own and made it with salad for dinner." My dad's attitude was a bit more relaxed now which surprised me. I guess whatever conversation he and Zayn had over dinner went well.

"Don't remind me." My mom buried her face in her hands while suppressing a laugh.

"Good old days." My dad said with a hint of a smile then sat next to Zayn and I shifting his attention to only the two of us, "You know, back then we always faced problems because of our differences. And I remember at some point we even believed our families when they said we weren't good for each other."

My mom then came and sat on the arm of the couch just inches away from my father, her hand on his and a simple smile on her face while her eyes held just fondness towards him, "But we pulled it through."

"Here we are 20 years later, I can't imagine myself with anyone else." My dad responded to her, the same fondness in his eyes for her. Seeing my parents like that really warmed my heart. It was a rare scene to be revealed especially in front of us.

Zayn took my hand into his breaking my gaze at my loving parents who were too caught up in their own world, making me look at him. His lips curled in a loving smile while he looked at me with such love and care as if saying he wished we would be like them in 20 years. It made my heard swell and I couldn't look at anything or anyone else but him.

"I know now you two are still in the honeymoon period, not much had happened to make you question your decision of getting married especially this young. With Zayn always travelling you are barely together as it is but I just want to tell you this from experience; take your time to get to know one another. Talk, laugh, argue and even fight if the situation requires it. Don't hold back now because maybe this one argument or this one decision one of you makes would make you see things from a different perspective." My dad advised us. He was being really genuine and it almost took me by surprise. Wasn't he the one that was pissed Zayn didn't make effort to show he cared just last night and now he is advising us to get to know one another better and not to hold anything back.

His words made me think about mine and Zayn's Skype date. It wasn't bothering me as much as it did before but that girl he hugged just before our call ended was still taking space of my mind. Although I do trust Zayn and Seif's words made me feel better about everything, I just wanted reassurance.