Chapter 31

“Hey again,” Zayn’s voice was the deep one he used with Seif again but this time Seif didn’t seemed scared like the last time. He seemed in thought as he looked at us.

  “Hey,” Seif smiled a forced tight lipped smile.

  The tension was about to rise when I felt my hand squeeze Zayn’s to remind him of his promise which he seemed to have just remembered.

  “How are you, mate?” Zayn forced a smiled that didn’t reach his eyes.

  “I’m alright. Yourself?” Seif was being polite and Zayn was keeping his promise but that didn’t seem to have made this situation any better.

  “Good,” Zayn tried his best but then he looked at me, “Are you free babe? I thought we could go out for lunch.”

  “Oh,” I was really tired and going out in public with Zayn was going to make me so stressed now more than ever with the release of that video but at the same time, I wanted to make Zayn happy and go with whatever plan he had for the day, “Okay.”

  “Not to be rude and interrupt your personal plan but the doctor said to rest at least today and tomorrow.” Seif said making me shot daggers at him with my eyes.

  He means well but I didn’t want to tell Zayn about what happened to me. He will freak out.

  “Doctor?” Zayn released his hands from around my waist and looked worriedly at me.

  “It’s no big deal, don’t worry about it.” I tried to brush it off knowing Zayn would probably make a big deal about it.

  “You went to the doctor? And you weren’t planning on telling me?” Zayn looked hurt more than anything. I didn’t mean to hurt him.

  “Um, I should probably go.” Seif said hesitantly probably feeling awkward by the scene of Zayn and I arguing somewhat.

  “Yeah, thanks mate.” Zayn gave him a head nod in appreciation which Seif replied to with a tight lipped smile.

  “Take care of yourself.” Seif said to me before walking away.

  “So? What happened?” Zayn asked with an eyebrow raised at me.

  “Can we go inside and talk. I don’t feel comfortable here.” I said, suddenly noticing the girls look on the street. God only knows if they were because I was with Zayn or if they saw that awful video.

  “Okay.” Zayn nodded putting on hand behind my back protectively as we walked up the stairs to the apartment.

  Even when he was a bit mad or confused, he was still protective of me. He still loves me. I just hope his feelings doesn’t change when he knows.

  Opening the door to the apartment, I entered and Zayn followed me then he closed the door. I went to the kitchen and got myself a glass of water. I asked Zayn if he wanted anything but he declined.

  I couldn’t stall any longer. Taking a deep breath, I sat next to Zayn and looked at his eyes as he repeated his earlier question, “Why were you at the doctors?”

  “I fainted and was taken to the university clinic.” I answered sighing.

  “Fainted? Did you miss breakfast again? God Maggie. Haven’t you learned from what happened to Waliyha? From what happened to you as well?” Zayn snapped making me blink although I expected it from his reaction with Waliyha.

  “I’m sorry. I just forgot.” I said in a small voice. I didn’t want to upset him and at the same time, I didn’t want to cower away from telling him why I really fainted.