Chapter 38

"Do you have to go?" I frowned, my thumb brushing over Zayn's knuckles distracting me from tearing up.

  Yesterday's concert was more than amazing. The crowd was the loudest I ever heard and the boys preformed their hearts out. Zayn did a little cheeky kissy faces to me every now and then. It was really cute but I always blushed feeling all eyes on me when he did so, especially that Louis kept teasing him and saying my name in the middle of the song just to make me more uncomfortable.

  Even after the concert was finished, it seemed like Louis had it as a mission to embarrass me even further. Every time Zayn and I even just tried to sneak away and have a little private chat Louis has to point it out making us join everyone again. I was a little disappointed that we couldn't get any 'us time' but I enjoyed the hangout nonetheless.

  Now here I was, in front of Zayn's house at six in the morning with his mother and sisters saying goodbye, for the second time. Only this time it's harder. I didn't want him to leave.

  "I do. I'll call you though." He said in a low voice a hint of sadness evident.

  "Every day, no matter the time." I said looking up at his eyes intertwining our fingers.

  "I promise." He said kissing my knuckles before letting my hands go to give his mother a hug.

  "Take care of yourself and don't forget to call and let me know you are okay." His mom said with tears hanging by a thread on her lids.

  "I will mom." He gently kisses her cheek.

  "Check your what's app from now and then, yeah? Don't totally disappear on us." Doniya gave him a slight smile while Safaa just hangs on his waist refusing to let go, he wraps his arms around her kissing her head.

  Tears start slipping down my eyes, rolling doing my cheeks. I wanted to be strong but just seeing him say goodbye and seeing the way Safaa is clinging on to him or the way his mother is a sobbing mess, I just couldn't help it.

  After saying goodbye to everyone he came back to me. We stand there in front of each other, our eyes locked in the saddest gaze as tears keep falling on my cheeks without my permission. He gently wipes my cheek with his thumb, kissing my forehead, "I'm going to be home soon, okay?"

  Nodding, I sniffled and tried my best to speak, "I love you."

  "I love you more, babe." He smiles as his driver tells him they would be late.

  Zayn picks up his backpack giving us all a wide smile, "Geh, I'm going to my job not to war." We all muffle a few chuckles at his light spirit.

  I know he was going to the Far East not to war but still this was our first proper goodbye and I just felt so emotional. We had the best ten days ever and now it was all over. He was going to be gone again, leaving me all alone. I hate being all alone.

  Zayn entered the car, his driver closed the door behind him quickly running to take the driver seat before turning on the engine, it's noise coming to life just as Zayn rolled down the window. "Love you guys. I'm gonna be back before you even miss me." He yells as the car made its way outside the gate.

  Watching the car disappear behind the black gate which was currently closing, I just looked at that gate expectedly, "But I miss you already."

  ——

  "You can't just mob around all day long, Maggie." Nadia rolled her eyes taking a sip of her orange juice.

  It was currently 9AM and thankfully Nadia and mom were still with me in my house. Dad was still in his business trip so mom decided to spend one more day in London with me which I was thankful for because it would have been hell if I came home to an empty apartment after that emotional morning I had at Zayn's house.