Chapter 48

My head was spinning with a thousand thought per second. I froze for a couple of seconds after the nurse hanged up and Seif looked at me expectedly. I didn't really comprehend what just happened.

Did a nurse just called me because Ella was in an accident?

"Maggie?" Seif's soft voice broke my thoughts. His worried look made me realize just how horrid my face must have seemed. "Is everything alright?" He asked slowly giving me time to recover from my initial shock.

"I need to go to the hospital." I blurted out collecting my things as I spoke the words. My mind seemed to function at the same time Seif had spoken to me and I realized I needed to go be there for Ella.

"Hospital?" Seif asked worriedly mimicking my action as he collected his stuff and ran after me. "Maggie, wait."

He followed me outside the café place but I gave him no attention, my mind was set on one thing only. Getting to Ella.

Stopping a taxi, I jumped in and before I closed the door I noticed Seif's head at the seat in front of me and my mouth twitched involuntary into a weak smile. Even though I practically ignored him which was really rude of me, he brushed it off and decided to come with me just because he didn't want to leave me to go alone.

The ride was only 15 minutes long but it felt like eternity. My mind raced with what could have happened to Ella for her to be rushed to the hospital alone. Was she in a car crashed and was unconscious? No, it can't be. She doesn't even have a car.

Maybe she was at the other end of the crash. Someone hit her with the car and she ended up in the hospital alone?

Why was she alone? Knowing Ella, I was almost sure she never goes anywhere alone. She had this theory that if she goes anywhere by herself, she might die alone and no one would recognize her body. That was her biggest fear, so it made no sense that she was alone.

And why was I her emergency contact? She only had my number for a month or a bit longer and our relationship was still on wires. Was she really honest when she said she had no one left but for me? Where was her boyfriend? Why wasn't he her emergency contact?

"That would be 20." The driver said and before I could pay, Seif did. I didn't have time to insist on paying so I just got out of the cap and ran inside to the reception.

"Ella Larson? She came here in an accident." I asked hurriedly.

The lady gave me a glance then without even saying a word started to type on her computer. She gave me disgusted look making me confused, "Third floor, room 315."

"Thank you." I said as I ran up to the elevator followed by Seif who was so confused on everything that was happening but didn't bother me with a single question.

Entering the elevator, it was only Seif and I. It was awkward for the few seconds we were in there but Seif didn't say anything. He just watched me as I counted each floor the elevator passed.

Once that ding noise came to my ears, I ran along the rooms counting their numbers in my head, 305, 307. I ran a little faster 311, 313, 315. That was it.

Catching my breath, I slowly opened the door and entered. There was two beds in the white room. The first one was empty so I assumed Ella was in the second one covered by the blue curtains. So, I steadily walked to the other side of the room. I froze when I saw Ella there looked pale and washed away. In my almost 18 years of knowing her, I never seen her like this before.

"Hey." She said in a weak voice.

Standing next to her, I noticed just how horrible she looked. She had bags under her eyes and her faced looked drained of colors. Her hair was wet, messy and messy. It took her too much power and effort to lift up her body using her hands to sit up straight.