Chapter 4

It’s been exactly four days since Zayn proposed to me and it has been crazy everywhere I go. In college, people I didn’t know always whisper around me and I even noticed some of them trying to take sneaky picture of me without me noticing, but I saw them.

Not just in the college, even in the street; Paparazzi had been following me everywhere asking where Zayn was? Was it all staged for the cameras? Some even went to the extent of asking whether it was forced marriage or not?

Twitter was another deal. Hate became more noticeable on my mentions, and some horrendous pictures that had been taken by either paps or random sneaky people where always attached to the hate saying mean things like how ugly I was or how I was always given bad looks to everyone around me like I was genially I sad person and Zayn shouldn’t be with me.

It hadn’t even been a week and I was getting rather annoyed and impatient with everything. I thought by now I would be broken and in tears but to be fair Zayn’s calls and messages where the reason I always ignored the world. No matter what I was feeling I the inside when I saw his name in a message or in a call, I forgot about everything and I became happy for the duration of our conversation.

I never told him that I was angry with everything that was going on. He didn’t need to know that plus we only talk once a day so I wasn’t about to waste those special moments on ranting about paps and fans. It would only make him feel guilty and that wasn’t my intention.

The sound of a notification from my phone interrupted my thoughts. Grabbing it, I had a wide smile on my face thinking it was Zayn but it turned up to be a DM from Tasneem.

Clicking on the notification, the screen turned into a white and blue one showing my DMs with Tasneem. I skipped to the latest one and read it, ‘Finally have my laptop back. Can we Skype?’ I replied with a simple ‘Yup’ then opened my Skype.

“Hey future Mrs. Malik.” Tasneem shrieked once our call connected. I hadn’t talked to her since before my engagement. We only DMed where she congratulated me and told me she had exams so her dad took her laptop away.

“Hey Tas.” I smiled blushingly. I didn’t know why I still blush when people call me that, it was stupid actually.

“How are you, Maggs?” She was genially happy for me. I could feel it in her voice.

“I’m good, very happy.” I said truly.

 “Good. So, I want the full report. What happened? Your feelings during it. What did you do when you two became official? Everything.” She demanded and I giggled.

“Well, I was at the concert and suddenly they started playing Justin Timberlake song and-“ I was rudely cut off by her.

“I saw the video Maggie,” She rolled her eyes, “I want from the start. Weren’t you two fighting? What happened and how did it lead to a freakin engagement?”

I chuckled at her expressions then I began telling her the whole story, beginning with how Nadia made me wear something nice and did my make-up till her’s and Jawaad’s sneaky plan till how Zayn proposed then till we stayed back stage.

“You met the rest of One Direction? How were they?” Tasneem squealed.

“They were nice, but I made a total fool out of myself in front of everyone.” I sighed remembering my embarrassment.

“What happened?”

“Well, first, Liam came in for a hug and I totally froze in my place and didn’t know how to react since you told me it was haram to hug another man and it was totally awkward,” I was blushing just remembering what happened.