Chapter 37

"Have you been waiting for long?" Mom asked Nadia when we approached them.

  "Not really," Nadia mumbled replying to mom while eyeing my reaction as did Ella. Both of them giving me wary looks.

  My mind was filled with a million thought and a million question to why Ella was here and what was she doing with my younger sister. My anger was under mere control as I kept my lips shut.

  "Hello," Mom smiled politely at Ella.

  "Hey Mrs. S" Ella smiled sweetly at my mother whose eyes widened for a second as realization hit her.

  "Ella?" She nodded with a smile, "My god have you changed." Mom engulfed her in a hug. "I haven't seen you since..."

  "Since she had black hair." I said filling in the dramatic pause my mother left hanging in the air. It wasn't like any of us didn't know when was the last time my mom had seen any of my old friends.

  "Yeah," Ella nodded giving me a somewhat guilty look but I wasn't buying it. She is just another manipulative girl from my past who just happened to be manipulating my little naïve sister now.

  "You only had a little pink dip-dye at the time and now you have a full pink head." My mom chuckled making banter with Ella as we walked up the stairs.

  She always liked Ella best out of my friends. They had their own inside jokes and all. My mom even considered Ella her third daughter, which was probably the reason why Nadia used to hate her so much. What the hell happened that made Nadia have a sudden change of heart?

  Opening the door to the apartment, I waited for them to enter then grabbed Nadia's forearm pulling her to my room to find out what the hell was Ella doing with her.

  "What the hell, Maggie?" Nadia protested when I locked the door after pushing her inside.

  "What the f*ck is Ella doing here?" I yelled at Nadia but not loud enough for mom and Ella to hear me.

  "Zayn said it was cool if I brought a friend." Nadia said it like Ella was just a normal friend and not a wicked, back-stabbing, ex-best friend who helped Sarah in ruining my life and even lured Nadia herself into selling drugs in her own party not too a month ago.

  "A friend, not Ella!" I snapped at her pissed at how Nadia was acting.

  "Ella is my friend. Deal with it." Nadia said in annoyance. How could she be so stupid?

  "Your friend? Really? Wasn't she the one helping you deal drugs in your party last month? How about the time you ended you in Bradford Jail because of her boyfriend not so long ago? She left you to panic alone in a cell in the middle of the night. Guess she wasn't a good friend back then." I snarled at how easily fooled Nadia was.

  "None of that was her fault. You don't know her like I do." Nadia said defensively.

  "I don't? Did you forget she was my best friend for almost ten years before she let me almost die without even asking about me?" I snapped angrily.

  "She's a changed person." Nadia defended her like her life depended on it.

  "Really? In a few weeks?" I raised one eyebrow at her not believing how naïve she was.

  "Maggie you don't understand okay. Ella had been going through so much sh*t in her life lately. Her boyfriend forces her to work with him even though she doesn't want to, and when she refuses he abuses her. The whole Sarah thing, Erik was the one behind it and he made her contact Sarah and me to get it done. But she always kept me in the dark, she tried to get things done herself without involving me. And about the party, she wasn't there and I didn't even see her. When I knew it was Erik's place, I tried looking for her and that's why I didn't hear the cops coming it.