Chapter 10

My mind wasn’t working right now and I forgot where Zayn was and the time difference between us but it hit me when he didn’t even answer the second time I rung him so I just decided to leave him a message.

            ‘I need to talk to you about something. When you have time, ring me xx.’

            I waited for his call for more than an hour but he didn’t call. My mom came to call me for dinner but I said I wasn’t hungry. She didn’t insist much since she probably heard mine and dad’s fight earlier.

            Staring at my phone aimlessly waiting for Zayn’s call, I decided to open my twitter to pass the time. It was very time consuming after all.

            First thing that loaded was my TL. Scrolling through the tweets in it, I got bored easily as there weren’t that many things in there. Just a few random tweets from Nadia and Aaroosa and the occasional fangirl tweets from Tasneem.

            After I got bored with my TL, I scrolled through my mentions which was pretty slow considering I haven’t used my twitter since the day Zayn proposed to me. Well, I creep on it sometimes but I never make myself obvious.

            Skipping through the usual spams, I saw a few ugly hate tweets but they didn’t get through to me like that one account did; @MaggieBitch. That one was the worst. She wasn’t just taking more than half of my mentions, she was being horrible to me saying things like how bad I looked in all of the pictures which were taken off me or how miserable I made Zayn lately or even how I was responsible for all of the terrorism acts around the world.

            My stomach crumbled while I read her tweets and what’s worse was the amount of RTs and Favs she had on each one of them. She had at least 1K and her most ‘popular’ one got 2.5K.

            Why? That was all I could think of. Why would so many people RT her awful tweets. Was I that bad? Was I really such a horrible person that so many people thought that girl was right?

            These were only the ones that made it to my mentions, I bet there were so many more in her page. Taking a deep breath, I swallowed the small lump that managed to gather in my throat and pressed on her username to see her full page.

            Waiting for the page to load, my ringtone started to play and the phone screen changed into Zayn’s picture as he was calling me.

Sighing, I mentally prepped myself for the call, forgetting about that account for now and focusing on the more important issue.

“Hey, babe.” Zayn’s seemed happy. That only made me feel guilty about why I asked him to call.

“Hey, boo.” I sighed heavily dreading what I will say next.

“What’s wrong, babe?” He ask worriedly.

“Nothing,” I sighed, “Well, there is something but do you have time? It’s kind of a long story.”

“Yeah, I finished for today.” He reassured me as he patiently waited for me to tell him what was wrong.

“Okay, well, I know I should have told you this earlier but I thought I could fix everything without bothering you.” I found myself giving him excuses before even saying anything which was rather weird.

“What did you think you could fix? I don’t understand.” He said confused and worried at the same time.

“Remember when the day you proposed to me?” I asked warily trying to find a good point to start with.