Chapter 89

"Did you finish your project?" Zayn asked the millionth question today. He was so worried all the time and just had to know every little detail about my day even if I was just chilling at home, he had to check I was okay every second.

It was getting to the point of annoyance with me but I understood his worry and appreciated it.

"No Zayn, I still have tons of adjustments and points to go through once more. It's due date is next week." I answered trying to make his worry at bay a little.

"Ask your friends to come over then, I don't feel comfortable with you going out everyday to work on your project." Zayn suggested.

"Seriously Zayn? Nothing is going to happen. I'm fine, no one is out to get me, not Eric, not anyone." I reassured him feeling sure of myself after the talk I had with Seif the other day.

"Yes there is, Maggs. You want to tell me that the tweet on Waliyha's account which matches a fan gift you got is a coincidence?" I was shocked, how did he even know about that? "Nadia told me. She is worried about you, as she should. Maggie you have a stalker, a dangerous stalker." Zayn was trying his best to he patient but I could feel his frustration and it was getting to me as well.

  "It may not be a coincident but what if they are separate events. It's not all by the same person." I knew if I could Zayn to see the same theory Seif had told me he would relax a little. He would feel better and stop worrying all the time.

  "What? You mean to tell me you have more than one person trying to hurt you?" Zayn became even more frantic  if that was possible.

  "No, I don't think so. I think when Waliyha got attacked some crazy fan hacked her account to scare me or something. I'm not in danger. I'm fine. It's just all happening at once with Eric and that fan and Waliyha's incident. I'll be fine."

  "How could you be so sure?" Zayn was still worried, it was his thing with his over protectiveness but he seemed to be easing into my theory.

  "I just am." I say with so much believe that Zayn just give in with a sigh.

  "I don't want to let my guard down and have you get hurt. I won't ever forgive myself. I'm suppose to protect you, you are my future wife." My heart melted right then and there. I knew he did everything out of love. Even though sometimes it gets on my nerves but I always appreciate it.

  "Softie." I teased him as my only response to how much of a big teddy bear he actually was.

  "Oh god," he chuckled. We both stayed silent for a second before he finally spoke again, "You really think everything is not connected? That's a hell of a lot to happen to one person."

  "You know, a friend of mind told me that for someone to put all that effort into hurting a person they must really hate them. I don't think Eric or that fan really hate me. Not enough to make a grand plan like this anyways." I quoted Seif's words that brought so much comfort to me hoping they would do the same for Zayn. And they did, I could feel it.

  "That's a wise friend, I bet it was Tasneem." Zayn chuckled.

  "It wasn't actually, I have other wise friends." I retorted smartly.

  "Well it sure wasn't Ella. She is lovely and all but wisdom is definitely not her quality." He hummed as if in thinking, "God please don't tell me it's Kaliq, he is not that smart, is he?"

  "Why do you care who it was?" I rolled my eyes in amusement.

  "It's that Seif guy." He said suddenly all traces of hummer lost. Seif was not a good subject with Zayn.

  I stayed silent not really wanting to get in any debate with Zayn about my friend.

  "Why does it always have yo be him?"

  "He is like my brother." I reasoned. I don't understand why Zayn always had to be annoyed when it comes Seif when I assured him more than once that we are just friends.

  "He has a crush on you." Zayn insisted.

  "He doesn't." I was frustrated because I knew the truth that Zayn refused to see.

  "Don't argue with me. I know how guys think." Zayn was so stubborn, he made me want to bang my head into a wall.

  "No you don't," I could sense he was frustrated with me as much as I was with him, so I was going to end this, "And even if he had a crush, he knows I'm engaged to a man I'm madly in-love with and he has to respect that."

  "Aw look who is the softie now." Zayn cooed at me teasingly the way I always do with him.

  "Still you, cheeseball" I smiled biting my lip trying not to. That idiot made my heart flutter with butterflies when I was mad at him.

  "So, you are madly in-love with me, eh?" He hummed in amusement.

  "I have a project to work on." I smiled not wanting to hang up.

  "Of course you do. Just be careful will? And text me please."

  "Fine." I sighed knowing how stubborn he was. After this whole conversation he was still worried, he couldn't help it.

  "I love you." He said then we hung up but not before hearing me whisper it back to him.

  "Well aren't you two the cheesiest couple ever?" Ella said barging into my room as she took a bite of her apple.

  "How long have you been stood there?" I rolled my eyes at her. She had just didn't understand privacy.

  "A while. Zayn is a bit extra with his jealousy. I mean you guys are like best friends. He can't possibly think you would think about him." She sneakered.

  "I know right. He is so dumb sometimes." I rolled my eyes.

  "All men are." She shrugged taking another bite of her apple.

  "Amen to that." I chuckled checking my phone. Seif texted me saying he was going to be at our spot in about ten minutes.

  "You know what I think?" She continued talking, "Those who doubt others for no reason probably should be doubted themselves."

    "What?" I asked not believing she just hinted that Zayn might be cheating on me. Or worse love someone else.

  "It's just a thought." She shrugged in surrender, "Anyways I could be wrong."

  "You think?" I sneakered at her.

  "Fine, I am wrong." She rolled her eyes at me as she mumbled 'stubborn'.

  "Get out so I can change. I have a project to finish." I threw my pillow at her as she went out of the door.

  "Your mom is coming over this weekend." She shouted as she closed the door behind her.

  "Why?" I shouted back but I got no reply. She is more annoying that Nadia was, if that was even possible.

  I needed to call my mother.

  ****
A/N

I know i've said this way too many times but we are getting close to the end lol.
Hope you enjoyed this, I'll try not to get distracted again and actually update fast.

Much love ❤️