Chapter 25

I’m used to having Tasneem around the apartment now so I didn’t get another heart attach when I felt her move next to me in my bed.

  Today was the last day my family had in London. Their flight back home is tomorrow morning so today they wanted to go do some shopping in town but of course with Zayn being who he is, it would be hard for us to join them.

  My dad offered to take everyone to town with my mom and everyone who wanted to go shopping while Zayn decided to open his house for anyone who wanted to ditch. He said it was really cool for all of us to just chill there and we can do many things as he had an ice skate ring, photo booth, a big back yard if we wanted to play footy or something. He didn’t have to say anymore as the kids and teens were hooked.

  “Morning,” I said in my half asleep voice when I noticed Tasneem waking up.

  “Morning.” She smiled as she lazily got up and went to the bathroom and I decided to use the second bathroom.

  After we both got out of the bathroom and prayed the Morning Prayer, we made a small breakfast and watched T.V. I’m going to miss having her around.

  “Have you ever been to Zayn’s house before?” She asked taking a sip of her tea.

  “No, he always came over.” I shrugged keeping my eyes on the T.V.

  “His house seems great though. I can’t believe he actually have a skating ring.” She chuckled lighting to herself.

  “I know, he has some money on his hands.” I chuckled.

  Our conversation was interrupted when I felt my phone vibrate next to me. I immediately smiled knowing it was Zayn’s morning text as I took my phone. “You two are really in love, it’s so cute.” Tasneem gushed to herself watching me.

  My cheeks heated a little from her remark as I tried to stop my smile from becoming too wide by biting my lip but when I noticed who the message was from, my smile immediately drop and instead all I felt was guilt.

  I totally forgot about Seif for the past couple of days. I’ve been so busy with Zayn and my family that he totally slipped out of my mind. I was such a horrible friend.

  Remembering his last message to me, my eyes widened. He thinks I hate him and that he ruined our friendship. How could I be so cruel to him?

  Opening his new message, I took a deep breath before reading it;

  ‘I know you hate me and I understand if you want to switch partners for the final project..’

  My heart literally dropped at his message. He was still blaming himself over it even though it’s been a few days. Not a second past and I felt another vibration in my hand.

  ‘On second thought, professor Williams properly won’t agree. I’ll just finish everything and write both our names. Don’t worry, you won’t have to see me.’

  Have I really been that mean to him that he thinks I don’t even want to see him?

  I understand that what I did was rude and properly unfair to him but he was taking it too heart too much. Just like I do most of the time but I’m not that bad with it, am I?

  “What’s wrong, Maggie?” Tasneem asked taking my attention from my phone.

  “I’m such a horrible person.” I replied absentmindedly.

  “No you are not. Why are you saying that?” She asked confused and worried.

  “I’ve totally forgot about Seif these past couple of days and now he thinks I hate him.” I sighed.