Chapter 16

Just like I thought, Seif was already in the café, setting in our usual table with an extra tea cup in front of my seat. I walked to the tale with a smile on my face.

  “Hey,” He said smiling.

  “Hey, did you wait for long?” I said, taking my seat in front of him.

  “Just a few minutes,” He shrugged it off, “How was your day so far?”

  “Tiring, I guess. Just spend my day finishing the accounting assignments. They are so darn long though.” I sighed tiredly.

  “If you are too tired we can do this another time. I really don’t mind.” He offered.

  “No, we are already here so let’s just do it. Plus we need to finish up a lot of work this week because I’m going to be busy next week.” I said remembering that Zayn was coming home next week. I missed him way too much and I wasn’t going to waste a couple of hours in working while I could spend them with him instead.

  “Oh, why? Is everything alright?” He asked worriedly.

  “Yeah, everything is great actually. I’ll just be busy you know.” I smiled.

  “Okay, let’s get started then.” We talked for about an hour or more about our marketing plan. Thankfully, I had already gathered all of my information needed for the plan but it wasn’t like Seif would have given me a chance not to do that.

  “For example, we can have it like the bucket challenge. This is an excellent example for a successful marketing plan. They made their target audience a part of something by involving them in this fun challenge and giving them the change to nominate others to widen their audience.” Seif explained to me.

  “Yeah, this challenge is getting way too popular on social media but I don’t think everyone who does it donates to the ALS.” I argued back. I do admit it was a brilliant idea that was very well executed but people just copy without thinking these days.

  “Doesn’t- oh, sorry.” He was interrupted by his phone ringing.

  “Hey, Noor.” He answered with a bored tone, “What? Where?...Okay, just don’t panic. I’m on my way right now.” His voice was one of panic and worry making me worry as well.

  “What’s going on?” I asked concerned and a bit scared to be honest.

  “My brother is in the hospital.” He hurriedly gathered his papers getting up from his chair.

  “What happened?” I gasped and started gathering my stuff in a hurry as well.

  “I don’t know. I’m sorry, but I have to go. Can we continue this tomorrow?” His tone was apologetic which I found was absurd. His brother was in the hospital and he was apologizing for a stupid project?

  “What are you even talking about? Let’s go to your brother. We can reschedule anytime.” I pulled his arm towards the door. He was startled at first. Shocked at my reaction, I think, but he quickly recovered and started walking to the bus stop.

  “What are you doing?” He asked confused that I was stopping a cap.

  “What do you think I’m doing?- The hospital?” I asked the driver, when he nodded I got in pulling him behind me, “Taking a cap is the fastest way to get there.”

  “But, Um…” His faced reddened with embarrassment.

  “I got it. Don’t worry.” I smiled knowing that he probably doesn’t have any cash, that’s why he was going to the bus stop.