Chapter 5

Waking up at 5AM was something that I should be getting used to by now since I had been doing it for the past week and I will be doing it for the rest of the school year, but it got more annoying and even harder to do every day.

Yawning, I lazily got out of bed and slowly made my way to the bathroom where I did my morning routine of peeing, brushing my teeth, showering, did wodu’ then prayed the morning praying.

After I finished, I went to the kitchen and made myself some tea. I wasn’t too hungry so I decided to just skip breakfast. And since Waliyha and Aaroosa weren’t up yet, I went to my balcony. I missed just sitting there and watching random people walk by this early.

Wrapping a scarf around my head lazily, I took my tea mug and entered the balcony but I immediately regretted that decision when I saw my ‘neighbor’ staring at me with that stupid smirk on her face. Wouldn’t I just like to slap it off her face.

“Hey Maggie.” Sarah said as she flicked her cigarette over the balcony letting it fall.

“Hey.” I replied with an attitude.

“I heard about your engagement. Congrats, you got yourself a keeper, totally worth putting this act for him.” She smirked.

“Didn’t I tell you to stay away from me?” I raised one eyebrow at her.

“Chill hot momma, I’m just making some conversation.” She chuckled making me even more annoyed.

“Well, Don’t.” I said rudely.

“Oh, a diva. Don’t let fame get in your head now, sweetie. We don’t want you to repeat what happened to Aliya.” She smirked.

 “F*ck off.” I snapped then took my mug and went inside.

The last person I need advice from was Sarah. She didn’t know anything about my life. I wasn’t going to let anything to get in my head, plus I’m not even famous.

God, I hate that girl too much. I should try to get the landlord to kick her sorry arse out of the condo for any reason. I couldn’t stand her presence.

Plus why did she always have to bring up Aliya in every damn conversation she had with me? I’m not the same person I was back in high school. She was so freaken annoying.

Hearing a light knock on my door, I tilted my head to see who it was.

“Hey, we are making breakfast. Want some?” Aaroosa whispered in her half asleep voice.

“No, thanks. I already ate.” I forced a sweet smile. Just because I was angry in the inside, it didn’t mean I could treat her rudely.

“Okay babe.” She went outside to join Waliyha for breakfast, I think.

Sighing, I ran a hand through my hair untangling the knots with my fingers but that didn’t work so great so I got my brush and started to brush through it. It was surprisingly calming.

Looking at the clock on my bed side table, I noticed it was 7AM so I quickly put my hair in a neat bun then put on my new red dress with my jean jacket and reddish scarf.

“I’m all done.” I said once I got to the kitchen.

“You look on point today.” Aaroosa complemented, making me blush slightly.

“Okay, I’m ready. Wow, you look nice.” Waliyha said as she wore her shoes and grabbed her hand bag.

“Thanks. Let’s go?” even though I didn’t really react on the outside but in the inside I was glowing with happiness. I hate complements but I love them at the same time.