Chapter 39

First day of the week is always the worst. Just waking up early for the first lecture is always torturous. And the fact that Zayn called me yesterday at 2 in the morning for about two hours, not really noticing the time difference doesn't help at all.

  Not to say that I was complaining, on the contrary. I actually missed him and cried for another hour after we hanged up. Just knowing that I'm here alone while he was all the way on the other side of the globe makes me depressed.

  Miraculously, I was able to get up just in time to get dressed and attend my first lecture. A few hours had passed in the day and here I was with my group of friends, hanging in our usual spot after our lectures were done for the day, doing nothing but rambling about the day we just had.   

  "Literally, Commercial Law is the most irrelevant course we have." Bella sighed dramatically joining the group.

  "I hear you, mate. I swear I catch on my sleep in those two hours." Kaliq chuckled.

  "At least Dr. Johns is better off than most professors we have. I enjoy listening to her ramble on about different legal situations." I shrugged opening my juice box. I hadn't eaten anything since six A.M and I feel very dizzy to say the least.

  "Are you serious? She is so boring." Kaliq raised an eyebrow at me, I just shrugged taking a sip of my juice noticing Aaroosa and Layla coming to join us.

  "I swear Seif is getting into her head. The other day she said she was considering taking financial analysis next year. With Williams. Again! This is all Seif's doing, I know it." Bella ranted making me roll my eyes at her. She always finds an opportunity to make Seif look like an evil guy while he was just the sweetest person ever.

  "Hey guys." Aaroosa interrupted the conversation taking a seat next to me while Layla sat next to her.

  "Hey Roosa, Lili." I smiled at the girls.

  "You still talk to that weirdo?" Kaliq snorted, getting me really annoyed with him.

  "He is not a weirdo." I defended feeling quite protective over Seif. Just because he wasn't there didn't mean they could talk badly about him.

  "Don't actually tell me you like the guy." Kaliq's eyes widened in horror as if liking Seif was the most disgusting thing ever.  

  "He is a nice guy. Stop talking about him like that."

  "You actually do?" Kaliq was now in pure shock.

  "They are just friends. Chill, Kaliq." Aaroosa chuckled interrupting.

  "No way." He huffed.

  "What, I can't be friends with him?" I asked quirking a brow taking a defensive stand. I don't get why they all don't like Seif that much? What had he ever done to them?

  "Really? Like, do you actually talk and stuff? Is he even cable of making a civil conversation where he isn't a control freak or a since nerd?"

  "For your information, He's actually really nice, sweet and he's funny too." I snapped proving my point.

  "I'm sure he is." He rolled his eyes, "I still can't believe you hang out with a loser like him. You are way cooler than him."

  Before I could even tell him that he knew nothing, Aaroosa beat me to it, "What's your problem anyway? She could be friends with whomever she wanted."

  "I have no problem with it. I was just wondering." Kaliq quickly raised his hands in surrender.

  Aaroosa kept her brow raised at him as if not convinced, Making Kaliq quickly change the topic, "So, How was your lectures today?"