Chap. 46

{Gone}

Byul's POV
Hyejin visits here at the hospital telling about what they did to the guy and Claire. She said that they also keeping an eye on both of them until now. She leaves a few minutes from know.

This is the second day that Yongsun hasn't wake up yet. I'm worried now since the doctor said she will wake up yesterday. But she's here on the hospital bed still sleeping.

"Good day," the doctor knocks and I bow at her.

"She hasn't wake up yet," I said and she walks towards her.

"It's fine, almost all of the patients were like this. They were even wake up within weeks or so," she checks on Yongsun.

"Do you have to put those tube in her?" I ask her as she finishes checking.

"We don't have to, since her case is not that severe. If she wakes up right now, you don't have to call me since I already check on her" she said and I nod. "That's all for today, see you around," we say goodbye to each other.

At the time the doctor walk passed the door I let out a big sigh and sit on the chair next to the bed. I look at Yongsun and put my hand on top of her hand.

"Babe," I caress her cheek. "Please wake up," I whisper while still caressing her cheek. "I missed you already. I miss your hugs," I hold her hand.

I said those words while crying silently. I've been crying for days now. I can't stop crying because I know she's not in a good condition right now.

I'm still sniffing and crying while holding her hand. Until her fingers move, I immediately stop crying and wipe my tears. I got so shocked so I look at her face move her hair into her ears.

"Babe?" I ask with a worried tone. As I said it she slowly opens her eyes. "Hi," I said softly as she looks at me.

"W-Where am I?" She said and she attempts to sit so I assist her.

"You're at the hospital," I said and sit beside her on the bed. "Do you feel alright? Do I have to call the doctor?" I ask her and she shakes her head no.

"I'm fine," she hugs me. "Is the baby fine?" She asks and I pulled away.

This is the time that I don't want to tell the truth. She will scream at the top of her lungs when I say it, and that's for sure. I don't want to break her heart but I have to tell her the truth.

"About the baby..." I cut myself and I look into her eyes.

"What about the baby? The baby is fine right?" She asks but I look away.

"The baby...." I want to tell her but I got this feeling that something is stuck in my throat. She holds my face to meet her face but I can't look at her eyes.

"Byul, tell me," she looks at me with worried eyes.

"T-The baby is gone," I hold her hand.

"Y-You're lying," she laughs nervously and her tears started to fall.

"I wish I'm lying too," I look at her and she's shaking her head.

"T-That can't be," she holds her belly and I hold her shoulder.

"I'm so sorry," I caress her arm.

"W-Why do they have to do it!?" She shouts at me.

"Because you'll die. One of you should die so the other can live," my tears started to fall as well.

"So you pick me!?" I just nod at her.

"I can't live without you," I look at her in the eyes.

"I can't live without you too," she said and wiped my tears. "You should have let me die with the baby instead," she said calmly.

"I can't do that," I hold her hands that is on my cheek.

"CAN THEY BRING THE BABY BACK! HUH BYUL!?" She shouts at me.

"They can't," she pushes me away.

"THEN YOU SHOULD'VE LET ME DIE BECAUSE I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THE BABY!!" She shouts but I hug her.

"I can't do that," I said and she tried to let go.

"BRING ME BACK MY BABY THEN!!" She shouts but I caress her hair to calm her down.

"Shhh," I whisper to her ear that makes her calm down.

"I want to die," she whispers while her tears were still falling, I pulled away from the hug because I don't like what she just said.

"Don't say that kind of thing," I wipe her tears using my thumb. "The doctor said it's not too late," I said and she looks up at me. "We can still have a child, we can still build our own family," I said and I hug her.

"But I'm slowly losing hope," she hugs me tightly.

"I'm going to help you to bring it back," I smiled at her. "Do you want food?" I ask her and she nods so I hand her a fruit. I also ordered a healthy and proper meal for her to eat.

I peeled the orange and I give it to her. As she eats it, I can still see the sadness in her eyes. I feel hurt in just looking at her.

We even have a conversation about having a child. And even building our own family.

Flashback
At the time we knew that we will have our own child. We can't stop thinking and talking about what our future can be.

Yongsun and I were laying on the bed since it's almost night. She's laying on my chest and she's drawing circles on it.

"Are you happy?" She asks me.

"Of course," I said and I give a peck on her forehead.

"Like happy? Or happy-happy?" She looks at me and I smiles.

"I'm happy that I can explode," I do the explode in my hand.

"I'm happy and excited at the same time," she sits and looks at me in my eyes.

"We're going to name our baby with the meaningful name ever," I caress her belly.

"Yeah, we will," she gives me a peck on my lips.
End of flashback

I can't avoid the feeling that she's hurt and sad. I am sad as well, knowing the chance of being a parent is know gone. It vanishes so fast, we didn't even know how it feels on having a child.

I know every soon to be a parent will feel the same as we right now. No one wants their child or children to die. Not at a very young age.

But not like what happens to us. We didn't feel the feeling of happiness to create our own family.