Chapter 13

The strange bumping noises and crashing of something was enough to already put me in a bad mood. I can't even get a break, like I need sleep too, I'm not some kind of robot. I walked up the stairs as best I could, making sure not to stumble and fall down. I counted the doors, one by one going to them and getting to the room that Ashley was in. I opened the door and saw him searching under the bed, then he pulled back, sitting on his hind legs and huffing.

"You're weird." I said, watching him jump and turn his attention quickly towards me.

"Can I go?" His voice sounding desperate.

"No." I told him. I didn't want him to leave, especially if he might know something I don't.

"Can you let me call my dad? I'm sure he's wondering where I am." I thought about it, maybe I should. He could have family that's worried about him, or h could just want to call the police.

"No." I said firmly. He wasn't going to risk everything that I've been put in charge of.

"Well can you at least tell me the fucking time?" I wanted to cut his throat open, but I simply thought back to what the time read on the phone.

"10:28." His face turned a dark crimson color, his eyes becoming daggers.

"What the hell? I'm missing my classes right now. I need to go." Aww cute, he was mad.

"Yeah, like you want to go to class." I rolled my eyes at the thought of someone actually wanting to go to school. I've never been from what I remember, and look at me.

"I do. Now let me leave." He said, standing up. It wasn't a question, he was demanding it. I stared him down, he's not going to get away from me.

"Take one step and it'll be your last." I threatened, remembering Justin's words.

Of course, everyone wants to try me, see exactly what I'm capable of. So when he took that first step, I pulled out the knife and flicked it open. He stood there in horror, unsure of what to do now. He backed down a little, his whole mood changing, fright overpowering his body. This was something I loved to see, vulnerability. I looked at him, his eyes were the thing I was eyeing most, thinking back to the dream.

"Can I just go? Please?" His voice barely above a whisper.

"Why?"

"I need to get to class, to work. Please?" I raised my eyebrow, thinking that I could, but it wasn't a good enough excuse. "Please? I won't tell anyone, I just want to go." He begged more.

The look on his face told me otherwise that he was completely done with everything. I could just look in his eyes and see that they were a mirror to how broken he was. Everything in him was pushing him forward, while here I was holding him back. Did he really feel like he couldn't get past me? Honestly, if he used that confidence he had just a few minutes ago, and walked right past me, I'd do absolutely nothing. I didn't want to hurt him, and I wasn't planning on it, I just needed to do as I was instructed. Grim didn't need to be on the run, and neither do I, so I just need to protect that.

"Go ahead." He sighed, giving up. I wasn't positively sure if he was serious or not.

I smiled as best I could muster, taking a step towards him. As I got closer, nearly inches from his face, he closed his eyes. He took a sharp intake of breath and was ready for me to just stab him. Do I really come of that heartless? I looked his face over, looking mostly at his lips because I couldn't really help it.

"Are you seriously going to let me kill you?" I asked him, seeing him open his eyes and nod.

"Why not?" He shrugged. "My life sucks, so go ahead." He closed his eyes and I just wondered what he meant. How could his life suck? He seemed so happy at the diner and so full of life, now he was giving up.