Chapter 42 (Final Chapter)

"Ashton did this." I muttered to myself, making Luke hold on to me tight and watch me carefully. "Ashton did this." I repeated trying to make myself believe what was the truth.

"Babygirl, are you okay?" My father asked me and I looked at him, and I swear, it was like I had just seen him for the first time. I shook my head slowly and tried to carefully break free of Luke's grip on me.

"Kenadee?" RJ said my name warningly and I just knew that right now, I wanted to be free.

"I need to lay down." I said softly and Luke looked down at me and I looked straight at my father. "I want to lay down." I told him and he nodded, signaling for Luke to let me go, and he did. Everyone's eyes were now on me, and watching what I was doing, and I just felt so weak. I blinked a few times and I couldn't see anyone anymore, everyone was gone except Ashley and Andy and they were lying in bed, looking at me with warm smiles.

"Did you have a bad dream again princess?" Andy asked and I nodded, looking down at my feet that were now smaller than I remembered them being.

"Come on, come get in the bed with us." Ashley said and I smiled hopefully, running and getting in the bed with them. Andy held up the covers as I crawled in between him and Ashley, slowly putting the covers over me. I sighed and closed my eyes as I felt both of them move closer to me, Andy's arm wrapping around both me and Ashley. I laid against Ashley's chest, touching Andy's hand softly, and slowly feeling myself drift off to sleep. I know I was most likely dreaming that I probably fainted or something, but this was a reality that I'd rather be a part of than the real reality I must face. I've spent most of my life with both of them, a good majority of my life with them, and now they were abruptly taken from my life. It wasn't right and it wasn't fair.

I remember Andy telling me that this is what happened to him, well similar. How me and Ashley have almost been taken away from him, how his father was killed in cold blood. Everything happened to him just because he was welcomed into this lifestyle, and it wasn't fair that it was happening to me. Andy said that I didn't need to be a part of this out of impulse, I needed to be what I wanted to be. Everything in my mind was telling me that I needed to listen to him, but in my heart, I wanted to be a killer, a true killer, like him. I looked to their faces, their sleepy faces and smiled before closing my eyes again. Slowly I drifted off to sleep to the sound of dancing hearts.

When I woke up, they were still sleeping and I smiled softly before laying back into Ashley's chest. It was a little warm, but not as nearly, and I was missing the one thing that soothed me. I couldn't hear their heart beats and it was like my worst nightmare all over again. I slowly opened up my eyes, looking at them and slowly feeling my body grow weak. I looked up to see everyone in the room crowded around the bed watching me and all of them had the same sympathetic look on their faces and it just annoyed me.

"Leave me alone." I whispered, my voice so groggy.

"You, uh, are you okay baby?" My daddy asked me and I couldn't help the tears that started to form in my eyes, flooding my vision. I sat up and shook my head, choking back the tears. I wasn't okay, and never will I ever be okay again, I lost the three most important people in my life. Of course I still had my dad, but it's just a matter of time until he dies, hopefully from old age. He reached across the bed and took ahold of me, picking me up out of the bed and holding me in his arms like I was a little kid again. And more than anything, that's what I was yearning to be. As soon as my head hit his shoulder, I let every single tear loose, every single drop of sadness flow down my face to his shirt. He rubbed my back soothingly, telling me to let it all out, but I knew there was just something that wouldn't be able to come out.

"D-daddy..." I whispered and cried.

"Yes babygirl?" He answered and I sniffled, sitting up in his arms and him slowly and carefully letting me down.