Chapter 2

"You're always playing with that cat." My uncle Grim told me with a playful smirk.

"He's my best friend." I told him. I caressed him so gently, allowing him to purr. I had named him Crow, and he was the best thing that's ever happened to me. I love him with everything inside me.

"Well, I'm glad. This job gets lonely." He told me and I nodded in understanding.

"Thanks for getting him for me." I told him.

I never could think my uncle enough, he was just the best man ever. Ever since he brought me with him 13 years ago, he's been good to me. The first year I spent with him, he would get me all types of presents. When I started working with him, 10 years ago, he bought me this cat for my 11th birthday. Although I had to work for it, it was all worth it.

"You're like my son, I'd get you anything." I smiled and hugged him, he was truly the best. "So where are we going for our next job?" I asked, eager to get started. I put him in my arms, he put his head over my shoulder and I held him like a baby.

"Florida, there's a man there who forces women into prostitution." He explained, placing the finishing touches on his paint job. He designed his own cars to keep the cops from ever finding us. "I swear you spoil that cat." He laughed.

"Ugh, I hate guys like that. They're nothing but scumbags." I commented, petting crow. "We don't like scumbags do we?" I asked him and shook my head.

"Don't worry, I'll let you have the first crack at him." He told me. My eyes shot towards him, was he being serious?

I became giddy with excitement, he never let me kill on my own. He would always injure the people, making them vulnerable so that it was earlier for me to kill them. This time I would actually be able to kill someone on my own terms.

"Okay, so when do we leave?" I asked. He sprayed a little more red on the car and stood back to look it over.

"Now." He placed the can of paint on a counter in the garage and started ripping off the newspapers that covered the windows.

"I'll get the supplies." I told him, holding crow tightly and running into the house through the door that was in the garage.

"Don't forget my pistachios." He yelled out.

"I won't." I said back.

I remembered everything I was suppose to get. I sat Crow on the floor and tried to get all out things together. Everything had to be things we could touch and leave no trace of. Our drinks had to be poured into our own personal drinking cups. Food had to be things that we could open and eat and leave no saliva remains. This was a very skillful and careful job and we've always been careful about these things.

I took our bag from the top of the fridge and starts filling it up. Lunchables, pistachios, chips, and even cakes if we wanted a sweet tooth. I laid the bag on the table and went to the dishwasher, pulling out our mugs and placing them on the counter. I went to the fridge and took out a can of beer and Dr. Pepper. I placed the cans in the mugs and closed them, if I would have poured them in the cup, they would have gotten flat. I took out some bottles of water and more drinks, we would be gone for a while.

When I packed all that was necessary, I went upstairs to get our clothes and other essentials. We would only change clothes twice, so I took out 2 pairs for us both. I went to uncle Grim's room and pulled out the safe that was underneath his bed. I typed in the code 1226, it was the day I went was born December 26. Crow had followed me and was rubbing himself against me. I laughed at his lovingness affection.

I reached inside and pulled out our savings, enough for us to get gas and anything else we might need. I put the money in my pocket and put the safe back. I only had to put everything together and I would be done. I took our clothes in my arms, putting them on the bed and going to the closet. I took out my backpack I had ever since I first got here and put the clothes inside.