Chapter 34

I told her and I knew it would be the worst mistake ever and there would be a chance that she'd want to leave. I was hoping she wouldn't because Ashley would get more pissed at me and I wouldn't be able to protect her. I truly loved Kenadee like she was my own, but she wasn't mine to claim, she was Ashley's. I watched her, waiting for her reaction, but I wasn't exactly expecting it. She started to laugh, hysterically that is, crying a little tears. She was bent over in her knees laughing and I was confused, I didn't understand what was so funny.

"I can't believe that's your excuse." She laughed and rolled her eyes, carefully wiping away her tears.

"Excuse? No, it's the truth. That's why me and Samy have been working together." I explained and she shook her head.

"Okay, I think you've lost your mind." She said, looking back out the window.

"Listen it is true, and I've just been trying to look out for you. Since I've met you, I've been looking out for you and trying to help you make the right decisions in life." I told her and she nodding and lays against him. "Do you remember when you were a little girl, before your birthday, me, you, and Ashley went to this haunted house?" I asked, bringing back a few memories and she hummed against my shoulder, thinking.

"Yeah." She finally said.

"So you remember what happened?" I asked and she shook her head. "Me and Ashley were walking through the halls and we couldn't find you. We ran everywhere and I found you in a corner, crying. You wouldn't talk to Ashley, but you talked to me and you told me a man touched you." I took a sharp intake of breath. "You lead me to him and I have you to Ashley and made you both leave. There cage like attraction was this guy whom had been messing with children, Patrick Stump. Well, long story short, I killed him for it. Ask Ashley, he saw the body after I did it." I told her and she raised up. She looked horrified but then started to cry.

"I'm sorry, I really am. I thought it was just some rule, I didn't know it was because of that. Please don't kill him." I laughed and shook my head.

"It's okay, I won't. But, you do have to have a punishment." She frowns and looks down at her fingers.

"What is it?" She asked and I started to think.

"Well first, you're not allowed to have your phone for a week, and from now on, I take you and drop you off at school." I told her and she did a scoff and before she could say anything, I spoke. "I gave Samy a punishment too, so it's only fair." I told her.

"But won't I need my phone to call you when I'm done with school?" She questioned and I couldn't help but to smile.

"Okay, you have me there. You can keep your phone, but no speaking to that boy for a week. He seems like bad news. BUT, if you go a week without talking to him, including texting, I may consider meeting him and letting you date." I told her and she squealed, jumping on me and giggling. I chuckled and hugged her with one of my arms, kissing her head.

-

When we got home, I already knew what I would be getting into, but I didn't want to say anything to Kenadee. I knew she was probably aware that Ashley knew about the whole thing, me coming, but not ending it. I knew she'd most likely side with him and it didn't bother me as much as you would think. I understood why, I just went up to the house and opened the door. I let Kenadee in first, and me coming in behind her, but it wasn't too long after that that Ashley moved towards me. He pushed me back, causing me to stumble backwards into a corner of the doorframe that was jutted out, hitting my back. Here it is, Kenadee's scared face and Ashley's rage filled one.

"I can't believe you ruined her date. After I told you not to, what the hell were you thinking?" He asked, and I looked at Kenadee who stayed silent and watched on. I ignored him, pushing myself from the wall and walking past him and towards Kenadee.