Chapter 39 (smut)

A/N: Josh is so cute. That is all.

-

"Daddy!" Kenadee screamed, catching everyone's attention as we looked to the door and watched her run and jump into Mitch's arms.

"Hi babygirl." He said, moving out the way so that Mike could come in. I looked at the two men beside me who's eyes lit up and the little girl beside Tony ran to Mike.

"Teddy Bear, I missed you love." Mike said, using his nickname for her as Tony walked over towards him and they all did a group hug. I watched ash and RJ hold on to each other's hands and kiss as everyone greeted their loved ones. Cyrus sat next to Jared and tended to his wound and Spencer was next to some guy, smiling as the guy laid in the crook of Spencer's neck. I looked back at Ashley, watching him look up at me and take my hand proudly before going over to Mitch, pulling me along. It was a big reunion, and everyone we loved was here, and it was just perfect.

"I missed you so much." Kenadee said as we got close enough to hear their conversation.

"I missed you too, Kena." He said and smiled down at her. Ashley came up to him, letting go of my hand and hugging Mitch. "How are you?" He asked Ashley as they pulled away, and he smiled softly.

"Better now that I know he's saved you and Jolie." Ashley smiled at me some and took my hand again. He looked around for a bit and then at me and Mitch. "Where is Jolie?" He asked with an eager smile.

"She's, uh, she didn't-" Mitch started but choked on his own words. The looks on Kenadee and Ashley's faces were the ones that described exactly how they felt. Scared and confused.

"Justin took the chain they hung on and used it to get down. It wrapped around her neck and broke it by his force and weight." I explained as best I could, tears prickling at their eyes.

I looked at Ashley and noticed the room had gotten quiet. He fell down to his knees, bent over and just stayed that way as Kenadee started crying. I could hear soft sobs from Ashley and I knew he was crushed, she was like the mother he had never had. I bent down to him and rubbed his back, pulling him into my arms and holding him close. He held on to my shirt tightly, crying more as Kenadee denied and denied it and I just couldn't help both of them. Suddenly Ashley stopped his abrupt crying and pushed me away to let go of him and to get up. I watched him wipe his eyes and look utterly emotionless. He went back into our room and I heard the door close as he went inside. I sighed and looked at RJ who pointed towards Kenadee and I stayed to comfort her while Mitch held her.

"She can't be gone though, I didn't have the chance to say goodbye or I love you." She cried into her father's arms.

"She knew and she knows." Mitch told her as he started to cry too. "She knows." He repeated and she just cried more. I only stayed  for a matter of minutes before I knew I needed to check on Ashley.

"I have to go check on Ashley." I told Mitch who was holding Kenadee tightly. He nodded and I sighed, looking at everyone sitting silently before going towards the back to our room.

I knocked on the door, but he didn't say anything and I opened the door to find him sitting on the bed staring blankly into space. He didn't seem to be moving, his legs were crossed, and he looked so tired. I walked into the room, closing the door behind me and went over to his side. I sat down on the bed and he didn't even seem to take notice of my presence.

"Ashley?" I said and he didn't say anything, just kept staring and I didn't know what he was staring at.

I followed his gaze and saw in his hands a piece of something and I tried to look at it more closely, but the moment I touched his hand he flinched away. Looking at me as if I was a monster and I put my hands up defensively, trying to give him a sign i didn't mean any type of harm.