Chapter 29

When we got back to the house, Miley was sitting on the couch with RJ and 2 other people. I remembered one of them from the tattoo shop that I had gone to, but the other I had never seen. Ashley saw they were there and smiled slightly at them before leading Kenadee back into her room and closing the door. I took off my leather jacket and held up a finger to them as I went back to where they had just gone. It was the room I had made for Kenadee and I opened the door, seeing them playing in the mote. They heard the door open and looked back at me.

"Are you going to play with us?" Kenadee asked and I smiled softly.

"I'm sorry, but I can't right now, but I need to ask Ashley something." I told her and he smiled at her before getting up and coming to me.

"What?" He whispered.

"Look, I'm sorry I made you upset, but-" he stopped me.

"Hey, don't apologize, I get it. I do, I get it and I think that's why I'm just going to go home." I watched him look back at Kenadee and then me.

"You don't mean that." I told him and looked at his eyes and he was serious.

"You don't have to pretend Andy. Okay? I know you're only doing these things to get me to stay, but it's obvious that you can't really be in a relationship or with someone, whatever this is. I don't want to be just there when you want me to be. Okay?" He told me and I looked back to see Kenadee looking at us and I smiled, holding up a finger and bringing Ashley out and pulling him into the room next door.

"Don't leave, okay? Look, I'm sorry I'm just trying to keep-"

"And that's the thing. You don't want someone to hurt me or anything to get to you. It's okay. If I leave, they won't know and won't care and you can go on living the way you did before you met me." He told me and I was getting aggravated.

"I didn't like things before I met you!" I raised my voice a little and he looked shocked. "I was doing things to get enjoyment and killing multiple people daily just to get at least some type of joy. Since I've met you I've killed less, the last time I've killed someone was that last day we trained the dogs." I told him, the day before Kenadee's birthday party. He looked in my eyes, searching them and turned to walk away but I grabbed him.

"Please let me go." He begged, not looking at me, and I let him go. He went to the door and stopped, starting to think, his hand on his head. "I'm going to leave." He told me and I sighed, giving in."

"I-If that would make you happy, then okay." I told him and he looked back at me and he looked mad but didn't show it in his voice.

"I have to go back to Kenadee." He simply said and opened the door to go. I didn't say anything and he didn't wait for me to, leaving the room and going back into the room with Kenadee. I left and went back to where everyone else was and they all looked at me, waiting.

"Uh, do you know what happened?" I asked RJ.

"Not exactly, but she does." She pouted to the girl next to her who I noticed she was holding hands with. I felt weak and took a seat on one of the chairs and looked at the girl with red and black hair.

"Who's she?"

"Ash." RJ said, "my fiancé and soon to be wife." She added and I looked at her confused.

"Uh, you know that's dangerous right?" I asked and she nodded and shrugged.

"She's a trained killer, I'm a trained killer, who's going to hurt us?" She laughed and Ash smiled back at her.

"No one if they're smart." Ash said, leaning in and kissing RJ and I felt my heart ache.

"Gross, get a room." A guy said and I looked at him.