CHAPTER FIVE: Farewell

Waking up, Ivana was still bothered by the things in her mind. She felt unsafe but ignored the voices in her head. For a minute, she thought she was going crazy. After getting dressed, she had her breakfast at the palace dining hall together with, Frigga who happened to be at the hall when Ivana entered too.

After breakfast, Ivana decided to visit Loki at the dungeons. Frigga continued with her palace jobs. When Lady Alexander entered the dungeons, she felt a strong urge that tells her that something bad will happen and the criminal is there. Ivana ignored the urge of hers and walked to Loki's cell.

She saw him lying down on the bed while playing throw and catch with a metal cup. She stares at him for a few moments until Loki notices her standing outside his cell. She gave him a small smile before walking to the left side of the cell and disappearing. She appeared back but this time, in Loki's cell.

"You're here," Loki said, looking at the lady. "Yes, I am here." Lady Alexander replied and walked towards Loki's bed. Frigga did everything that she could to make this Prince comfortable. Loki supposedly going to be living in this cell forever. He will be spending his years in the dungeon until the rest of his life.

But Lady Alexander knows that it won't happen like that. Instead, something else would happen. Ivana sat at the side of Loki's bed, looking at Loki who is dressed in his green attire. "Have you taken your breakfast?" Ivana asked him, taking his hands into hers, holding it gently.

Loki looked at her fondly and sat up. They stared into each other's eyes for a few moments before Ivana breaks it off. "Loki, I'm asking you. Have you taken your breakfast?" she asked once more smiling and patting his hand. "I have," Loki replied, shifting his legs to the edge of the bed, sitting next to Ivana.

"This place is not so bad compared to other prisoners, Loki. What did you say to Frigga this morning, Loki?" Ivana asked, noticing Frigga was not in a completely good mood today during breakfast. Loki sigh and put his hands beside his face. Ivana smiled blandly and place her hands on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." Loki muttered. "You were angry. I know. She was hurt by your words, Loki." Ivana told him. Loki turned towards the lady and asked, "Do you think she will forgive me?" Ivana smiled as she caressed his dark color hair gently. "Every mother would forgive her sons' doing, Loki. Even though . . ." she paused and smiled.

"You are adopted. She loves you like you are her son. Everyone will forgive someone they love even though they hurt them." Ivana said. Loki smiles blandly before hugging Ivana. "I miss you." He confessed. "Yeah, I miss you too," Ivana replied, hugging him tightly and closing her eyes.

"Please," he sighed. "Don't ever leave me again." They broke the hug. Ivana looked into his eyes and see sincerity and pleads. She smiled and took his hand. "Can't promise. But even if I'm not around, I will always be with you." She said and smile. Before Loki could answer, they heard some muffled screams.

Both of them look around and Ivana noticed it was from the other cell. Ivana didn't need to get out of the cell to look at another cell. She could use her own vision to look through things. She can make someone near her see what she sees and what she and Loki saw was madness.

"Shit," she cursed under her breath but enough for Loki to hear. "No cursing." He said. "This is madness. I need to go." Ivana said, holding his hands. "No need to rush, dear," Loki said. "Loki," Ivana said, sternly. He raised both his hands as a sign of surrender. "Take care." He told her. "You too." She replied before disappearing.

In seconds, the giant dark monster has freed all other prisoners to make chaos in the dungeons. Some guards tried to fight the monster but all could not. Ivana didn't exit the dungeons but put herself in danger, fighting with the other prisoners. She uses both her magics and the knife she brought with her all the time. She was about to follow the monster but was prevented by the prisoners who attacked her. Then, she lost sight of the monster.