CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE: Lost of Powers

The smell of butter, fried eggs, bacon, and toast bread filled the whole level of the first floor. Ivana was in charge of making breakfast for today. So, she woke up earlier than usual to prepare breakfast for the team. Not much. Breakfast for;

Steve, Bucky, Sam, Wanda, and Vision only. And of course, Ivana herself.

Wanda and Vision had already returned to the compound after receiving the news that Ivana was gone missing after a mission. So, they returned to the compound. There hasn't been any fixed decision for Wanda and Vision if they want to go back to Scotland again later.

But for now, they are staying.

"Smells good," Wanda said, startling Ivana who was focusing on cooking. She immediately turned towards Wanda and hold her chest in relief. Wanda laughed looking at the lady's facial expression.

"Were you that startled? Don't you have like sense? Sixth sense?" Wanda questioned as she walked into the kitchen area and grab a cup of water. "It depends. I still can't control my power. I told you." Ivana said, glancing at Wanda. The woman chuckled and look over Ivana's shoulder.

"American breakfast, huh?" she commented. Ivana chuckled and grinned. "Just how the team likes it," Ivana said. "Yeah, it seems like your American breakfast is different from others. Really delicious." Wanda said. Ivana responded with a chuckle and later, a smile.

With her magic powers, Ivana swirls her fingers, and another frying pan came towards her, flying calmly. Ivana grabs the handle when it approaches her. She puts it on the stove turns it on before putting some oil on the pan and then, some sausages that have cheese on the inside.

Wanda sits on a stool at the kitchen counter as she goes through her phone.

"I heard that Peter Parker guy managed to defeat the monsters. And guess what," Wanda said and look at Ivana. "What?" she answered without looking at Wanda. "Beck is the person behind all the monsters. It's all computer graphic." Wanda said. Ivana turned to look at Wanda and furrowed her eyebrow.

Wanda showed Ivana her phone and it showed video footage of what was happening in London. Ivana turns off the stove and looks at the video on Wanda's phone. Ivana was dumbfounded by it.

"Those were drones!?" she exclaimed in disbelief.

Wanda smirks and nods. "Jeez, that is so scary! That looks pretty real to me!" Ivana said before getting back to her cooking. She puts all the sausages onto a plate and puts them on the kitchen table.

"It causes real damage. Like, super real. Like real. Some people were injured. This guy is an illusionist with his drones. Very weird." Wanda said. Ivana kept quiet as she put 4 bread into the 4-piece toaster.

"So how did it go? Did Peter defeat him?" Ivana asked, looking at Wanda. Ivana leaned onto the other side of the kitchen counter and folded her arms to her chest. "Yeah, he did. Like a pro. Beck died." Wanda said. Ivana let out a sarcastic chuckle before saying, "I'm glad Peter knows how to kill a criminal already."

Wanda replied with a chuckle.

"Hey, ladies."

Wanda and Ivana turned towards the voice of Sam who was entering the kitchen area. "Hey, Sam." Ivana greeted him with a smile while she was standing near the toaster. Just then, the bread pops up and Ivana was very surprised that she jumped a little. Wanda and Sam chuckled when they saw her reaction.

"What's wrong with you today? It seems like you're easy to get startled today." Wanda said, noticing her difference from other days. Ivana let out a sigh and shrugged. "I don't know. Since I woke up, a lot of things have been startling me." Ivana said as she pulled out the bread and put it on a plate.