CHAPTER TWENTY: Another New Day

Ivana sat on the couch in the living room while spacing out. Her mind was all over the place. What happened last night made her think about it a thousand times already. She can't get it off of her brain. She is confused and there are a lot of questions in her mind right now that she is positive that no one can explain to her.

Maybe, it was a dream. Since she misses Loki a lot. She misses his presence and it makes her dream about him. It felt really real that when she wakes up, she was crying. In her dream, she was with Loki and they were together. When Loki wanted to leave, Ivana cried, asking her to stay.

And when she opens her eyes, she realized that she was crying.

Ivana let out a sigh and cupped her face as tears flowed down her cheeks. She misses him so much. She has been with him for years and when Thor said that Loki was really gone and he sees him die in front of his eyes, Ivana was devastated. She cannot think about a lot of things.

"You know I would offer to cook you lunch. But you seem to be pretty miserable already." Steve Roger's voice stopped Ivana was crying again. Ivana slightly smile as she wiped her tears and look at him. He smiled as he sat in front of her, on the other couch in front of her. He puts his jacket at the back of the chair and cross his legs.

"Did you had the same dream again?" he asked her. Ivana exhaled and closes her eyes. "I have been having these same dreams for days since I was in Wakanda. I cannot get rid of them. And it makes me unable to move on." Ivana said. Steve smiled and said, "Maybe he didn't want you to move on from him, Ivana."

"What? Why?" Ivana asked, wiping her tears away. "You told us that you sense that Loki is still alive but you are hesitating if it is true. Maybe he is giving you a sign that it is true." Steve told her. Ivana looked at Steve and swallowed. Maybe what he said is true. "I don't know. But maybe it is a sign that he is giving you." Steve said and smiled.

Ivana hesitated but sigh. "How is Vision doing?" Ivana asked. "He's fine. Dr Cho says that the operation will end in probably, another few minutes. Not much more to do." Steve said. Ivana nodded. Steve stood up and grab his jacket, walking towards Ivana.

"Tony said that you needed some time off and to clear your mind. Wanda and Natasha will be joining you too. So, does me. Get ready. When the operation is done, we can leave." Steve said, pulling Ivana from sitting down. "You're joining?" Ivana questioned. "Of course. Why not?" He smiled, pushing Ivana to walk to her bedroom to get ready.

"Steve, but aren't you searched by the police?" Ivana asked and turned towards Steve. "Yeah, but I don't care. I needed some time free too." Steve shrugged and then turning Ivana to push her to her room. Ivana laughed as Steve pushes her to walk. "Okay, okay. I will walk. Calm your asses, dude." Ivana said.

"Language!" Steve exclaimed. Ivana just laugh before escaping in her bedroom before closing it.

Steve chuckled and shook his head. But at least Ivana forget awhile about her sadness. Of course, he was sorry for him because she had loss someone that she loves but gives more than happiness to other people. Steve doesn't have power or magics to bring the person she misses come back but he wishes to make her as happy as other people.

Sam, Steve, and Bucky accompanied the girls, Wanda, Natasha and Ivana to do some shopping together. The girls were the ones who were very excited to do the shopping while the boys were simply taking care and carrying the bags for the girls. Although the girls didn't ask them to carry the bags, being gentlemen, they carried the bags.

The other male Avengers decided to stay at the compound. The Guardians of the Galaxy has left with Thor. They will stop at Norway to keep the Space Stone at New Asgard first before escaping the Earth universe. Vision has to rest more since he just had his operation and the Mind Stone is currently in contact with his mind.