CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO: Secrets to Keep

The Avengers left the Avengers compound early in the morning to start their mission to find Loki. Bucky and Ivana stayed at the Avengers compound. Bucky decided to stay with Ivana to accompany her.

Steve slightly smirked towards Bucky and then to Ivana. Ivana smiled while hanging her head low after seeing the two friends glancing at each other with a smile.

The team left the compound early morning before breakfast. Ivana, knowing that they will leave early wakes up early and pack them some breakfast. Or else, they won't have any energy to fight if they need to later.

They would probably encounter other creatures in the other universe while searching for Loki.

Once they leave earth, their time zone will be different and time will be different than on earth. It might be frightening but not for those who have been always in space.

The whole day, Bucky and Ivana didn't meet. Bucky was training in the training room. Even though he is a winter soldier, he still needs to train his body and muscles to be stiff and to endure pain when in war or battle or a fight.

Ivana was most of the time in the kitchen and then laboratory, and then bedroom, library, and so on. But in the evening, she was outside at the open field.

She tries to play and discover her powers more. She was fascinated by the snowflake shape that was hovering over her palm, turning 360 degrees. As if it was showing Ivana the snowflakes.

Ivana could make the ground layered with ice and it's not normal ice. It has patterns and it's beautiful. From the training room, Bucky could see Ivana at the open field. He slightly smiles when seeing Ivana playing with her powers.

He walks to the balcony and shouted at Ivana, "Hey, Ivana!" he called. Ivana immediately turned towards his voice and saw Bucky at the balcony. "Yeah?" Ivana replied as she put her hands over her eyes since it was too bright to see on the balcony. The sun was still shining so brightly.

"What do you want for dinner? Do you want a takeaway or we cook?" Bucky asked. Ivana smiled as she walks nearer to the building where there is a shade. "We can probably cook. What do you want for dinner?" Ivana asked him back.

"I don't know. I'm kinda on for steak." He said.

"Steak it is," Ivana replied and chuckled. He said he doesn't know but he said steak. Definitely humans' character. I don't know but eventually, say what they want.

Ivana entered the building and head to the first floor. Bucky reached the first floor first. He was just wearing a white sleeveless shirt when Ivana reached the first floor.

"I'll wash up first and go to the kitchen," Bucky told Ivana as he wrapped a towel around his neck. "Okay. I'm gonna wash up too." Ivana said, walking to her bedroom. She entered her bedroom and let out a sigh.

Exhausted the whole day. She then took off her clothes before entering the bathroom to take a bath.

Ivana entered the kitchen smelling something good. Steak that is grilled.

"Smells really good," she commented as she entered the kitchen and saw Bucky near the kitchen counter, cutting potatoes into slices, perhaps, thinking of french fries.

Bucky smiled at her comments.

"Sorry, I took a long bath," Ivana said, standing beside Bucky. He chuckled. "No worries. Steve contacted me and said that they won't be able to come back tonight. Maybe not today. Maybe a few days." Bucky said.

Ivana exhaled softly and leaned onto the kitchen counter.

"What?" Bucky asked her, seeing her frown. "I just thought that I should have followed them." She told him. Bucky smiled while cutting the potatoes and putting them into a mix of flour and other mixings so that later, they can fry them.