CHAPTER EIGHT: The Dark World

We went through the mountains and reached the opening of the secret pathway of the portal that can take you anywhere in the universe. As the ship grew closer to the mountain that looks nothing but hard rocks that will kill you, Thor began panicking, thinking that his brother has betrayed him. But Lady Alexander sits still, crossing her legs and smiling.

"Loki . . ." Thor called as he panicked. "If it were easy, everyone would do it," Loki replied with a slight smirk. "Are you mad?" Thor asked his brother. "Possibly," Loki smirked. "Ivana!" Thor looked at her. She was sitting calmly. "Oh, love. Just calm down. Everything will be alright." The lady said, giving him a smile. "That smile is only for me!" Loki said, speeding the speed of the ship in madness. Ivana chuckled.

They went through the narrow path into the cave, brushing the ship's side to the cave and, "Ta-da!" Loki said. His words made Ivana smiled and stood up from sitting down. She knew he tried his best to give what his brother wants. Even sacrificed his own happiness. Loki looked at Ivana after realizing that she was staring at him. They both exchanged smiles and the smile Ivana gave, made him fluttered.

Ivana's smile faded when she heard a familiar voice. Malekith and his associates. "We must strike now." "Asgard is meaningless." "The aether has found its way home."

"Ivana!" Thor's voice thundered and sent her back into reality. She widened her eyes when she saw Thor and Loki looking at her. Worryness painted on their faces as they witnessed Ivana's eye turned white and gray. "Are you okay?" Thor asked her. "Yes, yes. I am fine. I just-", she paused and exhaled. "Malekith knows we are here." She resumed. Both the siblings exchanged looks at each other.

Silence.

The dark world was not as dark as Ivana thought it would be. The Asgardian's ship sailed through the mess of the universe. It looks like a village before. The dark world's village. Ivana knows what happened to Asgard before. She learned about the Asgard kingdom history and knows about it.

"This is a mess. Surely, Malekith sacrificed his people to fight Asgardians." Ivana said as she looks through the dark view. "Ivana, could you check on Jane? She looks not well." Thor asked the lady. Lady Alexander nodded as she sat beside Jane and took her hand. Slowly caressing her inner arm. She sees the red dark soul in blood flow.

"What I could do with the power that flows through those veins," Loki said as he watched Ivana's finger traced Jane's arm. Giving her a little spell to make her awake. "It would consume you," Thor replied to his brother. "She's holding up alright," Loki said again. "For now." He added.

"She's strong in ways you'd never even know," Thor said. Ivana put her palm near Jane's forehead, looking at what has been bothering Jane. "Say goodbye," Loki muttered with a smirk to Thor. "Not this day," Thor replied, looking afar. "This day, the next, a hundred years, it's nothing. It's a heartbeat. You'll never be ready." Loki said.

A sense of ego and revenge was again lifted in Loki's heart. "The only woman whose love you've prized will be snatched from you," Loki said. Ivana let out a sigh, knowing where it would go. Another argument. "And will that satisfy you?" Thor replied anger filled in his voice. "Satisfaction is not in my nature." "Surrender is not in mine," the God of Thunder replied. "The son of Odin . . ." "No." Thor cut him off.

"Not just of Odin." Thor stood up. "You think you alone were loved of mother? You had her tricks, but I had her trust." Thor said, facing Loki. Ivana sighed as she watches the brothers bickering again. "Trust. Was that her last expression? Trust? When you let her die?" Loki said. Ivana flinched and look down.

"What help were you in your cell?!" Thor bickered. "Who put me there!? Who put me there!?" Loki shouted to Thor. "You know damn well!" Thor grabbed Loki's collar and pushed him down. "YOU KNOW DAMN WELL WHO!" He shouted again. Ivana just watches them. Her heartbeat raised but she knows, the brothers will end it. She knows them well. Know damn well who the prince of Asgard is.

Thor wanted to punch Loki. But he stopped. "She wouldn't want us to fight." He said as he let go of Loki. Loki replied, "Well, she wouldn't exactly be shocked." This time, the brothers were calmer. Thor gave him a slight smile. "I wish I could trust you." Thor then walked away from Loki and came back to Jane and Lady Alexander. "Trust my rage," Loki muttered.

Ivana gave Loki a slight smile and he smiles back. "Jane is okay. I've given her a little of my energy. She seems to be not having enough rest. She will need them. This won't end here today. You need to be ready too." Lady Alexander told the God of Thunder. "You've done a lot for us, Ivana. For Asgard." Thor said, smiling at Ivana.

"Asgard is my hometown too", Ivana turned to Loki who is looking at him back. "I think I might stay there for a little while since it's been a while, I left Asgard," Ivana said and smiled. Thor smiled and nodded. "I am sure the three warriors will be in the prison for a while. I hope you can make them as comfortable as you could." Thor said.

"Why are you saying as if you aren't coming back to Asgard?" Ivana chuckled and stood up from sitting down. "It's possible," Thor said. "Not today, Thor. Not today." Ivana mumbled before walking towards Loki. Loki gave her a smile when she came towards him.

"Are you serious? Staying in Asgard for a long time?" Loki said in a whispering tone. Ivana smiled as she sat near Loki. She folded her arms and said, "I have long missed Asgard. I just didn't have the braveness to come back to Asgard." Ivana said. Loki smiled. "Stay. A very long time." Loki said holding her hands. Ivana smiled as they stare at each other before Loki sighed and pulled her into a deep kiss.

She didn't hesitate to kiss him back. She misses him and he misses her. Dearly. His hands cupped the side of her face while her hands gripped on his coat, tightly. Her womb clenched as she felt his desperate needs but couldn't do it because . . . they are in a freaking no rooftop ship and they have Thor and Jane on board. "We have a lot to do," Loki whispered after their kisses break. "Oh, yes." She gave him a smirk before pecking his lips.

Hmm, love birds.