CHAPTER FIFTEEN: Wakanda

Ivana sat at the back of the jet rather than mingling with the other Avengers at the front. 

"Hey, why aren't you at the front?" Wanda's voice made Ivana smile. "I am more comfortable here." She replied and smiled. "Thanks for healing Vision." The girl said. Ivana smiled and nodded. "Sure," Ivana replied. "We haven't talked much since we met." She said. Ivana chuckled.

"I have nothing to talk about. I'm just me and me." Ivana said and shrugged. "How close were you and Thor?" Wanda asked as she seats across from Ivana. "I don't know how to describe it. We were friends since we were all child." Ivana replied. "All?" Wanda questioned.

"Thor, Loki, and the warriors," Ivana told Wanda. "You were friends with Loki too?" Wanda asked. Ivana smiled and nodded. "So, Loki is gone? I mean – he's dead?" Sam asked. "Sam," Bruce said sternly. "What?" Sam asked. Ivana looked at Bruce and shook her head. He sighed.

"We chased the wrong person in New York," Bruce said to his teammates. "What do you mean?" Sam asked. "Loki was sent to New York," Bruce said and glance at Ivana. She raised her eyebrow briefly.

"What?" Captain Rogers asked. "Yes. Thanos was the one who baited Loki to attack New York. The Chituari, everything was under Thanos' command. Loki had vengeance in his heart at that time. That's what makes it worse." Bruce continued.

Ivana exhaled hardly and added, "The scepter is very dangerous. It can make you interested in it. The more you spend time with the sceptre, the more obsessed you are to do something different. You want to be a leader. That's what happened with Loki." Ivana said.

"During the attack at New York and you guys were fighting Ultron. It makes you dangerously arrogant." Ivana continued. "How come you know a lot?" Steve asked. Ivana fell silent. They were still waiting for Ivana's answer.

"She was raised by a witch that can do almost everything. Has powers and creates elixirs and potions for anyone. She's one of them." Bruce said. "I'm not one of them. I'm the only one, Bruce. No one else." Ivana said softly.

"Y-Yeah. The only one." Bruce said and nodded. "You seem to have a lot of secrets on your own," Wanda said. Ivana smiled. "That's what secret is. Not to be shared to anyone but yourself." Ivana said. Wanda smiled.

"We're reaching Wakanda in a few minutes," Steve Rogers informed the team. "Will you be fighting with us later, Ivana?" Steve asked her as he turned towards her. "Depends. I will go if I sense that you can't do it." Ivana replied.

"You seem that you can bring the whole army of Thanos down," Rhodey said. "I don't know if that is possible without a team," Ivana replied nonchalantly and looked down. Rhodey simply nodded.

"We're entering Wakanda," Sam who was piloting the jet announced. A second later, they passed through the retro-reflection panels that have been hiding the kingdom of Wakanda for a very long time.

Later, they safely landed at Wakanda. The door was opened with a hiss before Captain Rogers and Natasha walks out first. Ivana walks together with Vision and Wanda behind.

"Should we bow?" Bruce asked Rhodey as they were walking out of the jet. "Yeah. He's a king." Rhodey replied. Ivana who heard the conversation slightly smirk. "Seems like I'm always thanking you for something." Captain Rogers said.

The king of Wakanda and him shake hands. Just then, Ivana saw Bruce wanting to bow. "What are you doing?" Rhodey asked him. Ivana chuckled slightly. "Uh, we don't do that here," T'Challa said. Of course, Bruce was embarrassed.

T'Challa noticed the lady beside Wanda and speaks, "Lady Alexander, it has been some time, isn't it?" The team was once more dumbfounded that the king of Wakanda recognize her.