CHAPTER THIRTY: The Tesseract/Space Stone

While Ivana was resting at the Avengers' compound, the rest of the Avengers went to New Asgard where they investigate the loss of the Space Stone.

The door to the vault can only be accessed by several Avengers including Thor. The vault is really hidden. It's underground.

But it seems like the thief knows where the vault is. The tesseract was taken and no one knows where the tesseract is right now. No one sees what happened.

"We don't have any clue where the Space Stone is right now," Valkyrie said and turned to Thor who was also anxious about the thief who has stolen the stone. "If Ivana is awake, she would be able to find the thief. She could just find the thief in seconds." Thor replied.

"Yes. But she is not feeling well. This might be a sign that we are going to face another world crisis." Captain Rogers said. "Thor," Wanda called. "Yeah?" Thor replied as he turned towards the woman. "Can you tell me how Loki looks like?" Wanda asked him.

Thor looked at her, a little suspicious. "Why do you ask?" He questioned. Wanda looked at Thor.

"Is he . . . alive?"

Wanda did not answer because she is not sure either.

She sat at the corner of her room while hugging herself. Her powers have overpowered. She failed to control her powers which is new to herself. Ice was covered in her room, everywhere. It was cold but it didn't make Ivana feel cold. Instead, it made Ivana scared of herself.

A knock was heard from outside. And then, she heard Wanda's voice. They had come back from New Asgard.

"Ivana, are you okay inside? Can you unlock the door?" Wanda asked. Ivana looked at the door. It was unlocked. "It's not locked. Just . . . push harder." Ivana replied.

She heard Wanda grunting as she pushes the door inwards. But then, she manages to do so. The reason why it was hard to open was because of the ice.

"OH MY GOD!" Wanda gasped when she saw ice was covering the room, layering the walls, freezing everything in the room. When she saw Ivana at the corner, she gasped.

"Oh my god, Ivana!" Wanda said as she walks slowly towards Ivana. "Don't get near me," Ivana mumbled to Wanda. "What? Why?" Wanda asked her. "I'm afraid . . . I'm dangerous." She mumbled softly.

"No, no. You're not. You're fine. You are just scared of your news powers. Let's get out of your bedroom." Wanda said, pulling Ivana from sitting down on the frozen floor.

"What happened?" Steve's voice was heard from far. Ivana and Wanda walk towards the door. When they reach the door, they saw Steve and Sam at the door too.

"Oh my god. What had happened?" Steve asked as he saw the room covered with ice. "I couldn't control my powers," Ivana mumbled softly. She feels weak too.

"Get to the living room," Steve told them. Wanda nodded before bringing Ivana to the living room. "Do you need blankets? Hot chocolate?" Wanda asked Ivana as she sat on the couch. Ivana shook her head.

"No, I'm fine. Even though I have ice powers. But I don't feel cold. I guess, my temperature inside is used to it." Ivana replied. Wanda nodded. "So, what did you get from New Asgard? Get any hints who took the tesseract?" Ivana questioned.

"Not yet. But Thor will be going around the universe to find the tesseract. See if they can do it by that way." Wanda said. Ivana simply nodded. "Dr. Banner had already told us that you lose your powers. It's okay." Wanda told her. Ivana sighed and shook her head. "If I still have my powers, I can at least make the job easier." She said.

"It's okay. You have helped a lot." Wanda told her.

Just then, Steve and Sam came to the living room. "Ivana, are you okay? Any more dizziness?" Steve asked as he and Sam sat across Ivana and Wanda. "No. I'm fine. I'm just scared, of myself." She admitted. They nodded. "Why don't we take this matter outside? Maybe we can see what you can do." Steve said.

Ivana kept silent for a few moments before smiling and nodding. They head outside to the open field. There, Ivana tried a different method to take out her powers, the ice. But confusing, it didn't come out. Sam, Wanda, and Steve were watching and were confused too.

"How do we help her to take out her powers?" Sam asked Steve and Wanda. They were unable to answer his question because they also don't know what to do. While Ivana was still trying to use her powers, Steve took his shield. He wanted to try something sudden to Ivana.

After grabbing his shield, he came back to the field, still watching Ivana who is already unmotivated to try on her powers. Ivana stood still in the middle of the field. She let out a sigh and turned towards Wanda, Sam, and Steve. To Ivana's surprise, Steve throws his shield towards her at a speedy speed.

She crosses her hands in front of her face and waited for the shield to hit her and perhaps, knock her out. But it didn't come. She slowly opens her eyes and saw a block of huge ice in front of her, being a huge wall in front of her, protecting her from getting hurt by Captain's shield.

Ivana slowly walked to the side and saw the surprised facial expression of the trio who was standing across her. "So . . . you need to be attacked and then it will come out," Sam commented. Ivana looked at her hands and then back to them. "I guess so." She replied and slightly smile.

"Let's try it. We'll attack you; you counterattack. Just don't . . . don't kill us." Wanda said. Ivana looked at them and slowly nodded.

"I'll try," Ivana said.

The trio looked at each other before taking out their own powers. Captain Rogers started off running towards Ivana with his shield. Wanda got off the ground and flew towards Ivana.

While Sam took out his birdie wings and fly towards Ivana. All three, attack Ivana as a way to help Ivana to control her powers. Ivana took a deep breath before she pushed her hands fiercely towards the ground, building ice that came out from the ground, bigger than herself.

When Wanda attacked Ivana with her powers, Ivana stomped her feet and make an X with her arms in front of her face to protect herself. Just then, a huge living creature in a form of snow gets up from the ground, roaring. Ivana stood still as her jaw dropped after seeing the creature in front of her.

"WHAT IN THE HELL IS THAT!?" Sam questioned as he flew over the creature. "Ivana!" Captain Rogers called. "WHAT!? I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT IS! IT JUST CAME OUT!" Ivana replied as she ran away from the creature. The creature wanted to attack Wanda. "I'm trying to attack it but it's just not doing anything to this creature!" Wanda said.

"Ivana! Can you try to stop it from attacking?" Captain Rogers asked. "I can try!" Ivana shouted. Everyone was shouting because the creature was making voices and it's very loud.

"Heyyyyyy!!!" Ivana called the creature. It heard Ivana and turned towards Ivana. When it saw Ivana, it approaches her. She slowly walks towards the creature. The ground was shaking every time the creature steps on the ground. "Hey, d-do you know me?" Ivana asked loudly to the creature.

It stops walking and looks at Ivana. The creature nodded. "Do you understand me?" Ivana asked it again. The creature nodded. "O-Okay. Um, I don't need you now. I was just trying out my powers. Do you . . . happen to know how I get my powers? H-How-", Ivana exhaled.

"I don't need you now. C-Can you leave?" Ivana said. The creature nodded before it faded into snowflakes and then, nothing. Ivana looked at the three Avengers. "You didn't ask him who gives you the power. Perhaps he knows it." Wanda said as she lands on the ground.

"I'm so confused," Ivana said, letting out a sigh. The three Avengers just give her a nod.

"You'll get used to it." Captain Rogers said.

Just then, they were interrupted with Tony calling them to come in.