CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE: The Downfall of Alixir

The Avengers has been away for 3 days. They have been out of the earth and the other near universe for 3 days. Ivana had already told Bucky that she will be going back to Alixir for a few days.

Bucky decided to follow Ivana to make sure she is fine when going back to her hometown.

Ivana had already planned that they will just be in Alixir for a short amount of time since time works differently in Alixir and Earth. It has a huge difference. So, they will just be in Alixir probably for 2 hours.

It's equivalent to 3 days already.

After packing some things, they head towards the quinjet and left the Avengers compound. With the remaining potion that Ivana has brought from Alixir before, they were able to make it to Alixir.

But it dropped Ivana's heart when she sees the universe. It was a mess. The first word that escapes her lips was, "Oh my god." She gasped as she raised her hands to her lips, covering her mouth.

All 28 realms of the Alixir universe were on fire. Either it's on fire or ice. Ivana pilots the quinjet straight to the palace of Alixir in one of the realms, landing in an open field. She gasped when she sees the city of the realm.

Buildings were on fire. Some were on the ground. There were some dead bodies on the ground. Lying, lifeless. Ivana teared up when she sees the palace was destroyed totally. Everything crumbled on the ground.

"What the hell happened here?" Bucky asked as the quinjet landed on a safe landing site, over the green grass. Ivana took two guns and put them both beside her thighs where there is a holder. Bucky also gets his guns.

"I don't know. But I never expect this." Ivana said, shakingly. Bucky looked at Ivana and he sees fear plastered on her face. It was his first time seeing her like this. She was pale and it was very obvious that she was scared.

Ivana exhaled before she walks out of the jet, followed by Bucky behind her. They entered the city. It was full of dust. There were dead bodies, it was chaos. A very bad battle had occurred here.

Ivana noticed a conscious man near a wall and immediately walks up to him. He was groaning in pain and his waist was bleeding. Clearly, he was shot on his waist. Ivana, being a local in Alixir, speaks with the man in their language. Bucky did not understand but her accent and expression showed that she was asking about what had happened.

"Everyone was captured and was brought away. Those who refused were killed." The man said in between his breathe. Ivana felt herself hard to breathe. She seems to get the hint of who did all of these.

"The man is cruel. Very cruel. He killed many of us." The man continued. Ivana looked at the man and asked, "W-What does he looked like?" She was scared to listen to the answer but she has to.

"He's an Asgardian. He's the prince of Asgard, Loki."

As soon as Ivana heard his name, she exhaled shakily before turning towards Bucky. He gave her a nod.

"T-This is the downfall of Alixir."

"Is . . . Is there anyone else alive? We could transport you to a safer place at least." Ivana told the man. He shook his head. "I fought for our people and failed. I deserve to die. Just let me die here. Peacefully." The man said.

Ivana and Bucky watched as the man slowly closes his eyes and then, died. Ivana dropped, seated on the dusty ground. Bucky thought she was going to pass out so, he put his hands on both her arms.

"I-I'm so shocked." She told him. "I know," Bucky replied and gave her a sad look. "There must be someone who is still alive. Let's . . . Let's round around here first." Ivana said. Bucky nodded and helped Ivana to stand up.

They separate and round the city, finding people who are still alive. There were a lot of them. So many dead bodies. None of them were alive. Not even one. No one moves or breathes. Just wind sounds and dust.

Ivana and Bucky meet up at the entrance of a palace and Ivana were shocked to see Bucky walking, holding hands with two children. Perhaps around 10 years old. The boy looks a little older than the girl though. "Oh my god." Ivana gasped, seeing the children.

"Found them near a tunnel, hiding," Bucky said to Ivana. Ivana looked at the two children and squatted. The children looked messy. Dust and black spots on their faces.

Ivana asked them about their parents and they told Ivana that their parents are dead. The armies have killed their parents and the little boy was the one who brought his younger sister to run away from their house. Ivana sighed and stood up.

"Get back to the jet. I'll be right back. I need to get some things in the palace if I can find them. We need to go around the realm again. This is a huge mess." Ivana said to Bucky.

"Are you sure you are going to be okay alone?" Bucky questioned her. Ivana nodded. "Yes. Now, go." Ivana sent them away. Bucky and the 2 children walk towards the jet. After they were lost from her eyesight, Ivana slowly walks into the palace that has been destroyed.

At least its building is down. But the inside can still be found underneath the palace. Ivana walks to the center of the palace. How does she know the center of the palace? There is a huge mighty lion-like statue at the center and there is a secret button where the vault is hidden.

Ivana makes sure no one sees her and then presses the button right at the chest of the lion statue before the statue slowly went higher, revealing a space that could fit 4 people. It's like an elevator under the lion statue. Ivana entered the elevator and it went to the lower level of the palace.

After a few seconds, Ivana reached the door of the vault. Scanning of the retina is a must and only royal members have access to the palace's vault. This is where the magic happens. The potions and the magic. Illegal magics are kept in here. It is a place where you can get almost everything you need.

All kinds of potions.

Underground, there are some rooms. Ivana headed to the potion room. There was a suitcase and she put all the potions in the suitcase. Making sure that it won't spill. She took her time to arrange all the potions. She did not take all but only the ones she needs.

After putting all the potions in the suitcase, she exited the room and went to the secret library to grab some books about the old fairy tales of the kingdom. Ivana remembered the tale of an ancestor who has ice power too. If you're from Alixir and you have Alixir's blood, having ice powers means that you are rare.

After getting what she needs, Ivana head back to the jet. She needs to go to each universe to check on its situation. Just in case, there are universes that are not destroyed.

Hopefully.