CHAPTER FORTY: Just Fine.

[Ivana's POV]

45 minutes in the bathroom, T'Challa has been asking me every 5 minutes for the last 15 minutes to hurry. Every time he asked me, I told him that I will be done in 5 minutes. Which, is obviously not true. After that, he might be lazy to ask me to hurry and decided to let me.

After the time in the bathroom getting ready, I walked out of the bathroom. I was all ready. I had a pastel blue knee-length dress that I wear. I paired it up with a pair of black heels. I had my hair curled too. I was ready.

"Lady Alexander," T'Challa said. I grinned as I looked at him who was seated on the single couch in front of the television. "You took over 1 hour to get ready." He said. I shoot him a look and replied, "First of all, that is exaggerating. It was just 45 minutes!" I exclaimed as I grabbed my bag.

He slightly smiles and shook his head. "Alright then. Let's go." I told him as I grab my bag. He stood up from his seat and nodded. He was wearing a black suit that suits him very well.

We exited the hotel bedroom and head to the car that was parked outside of the hotel at the VIP parking lot. The hotel they were staying in was under the business and management of Wakanda. There are a few businesses that Wakanda has in America. One of them is this hotel.

We used a dark gray Lexus car as our transportation to Stark's lakeside cabin. While in the car, I opted to remain silent. Honestly, I think that the Avengers would not be happy with my presence and I think that I want to go back right now.

I think T'Challa noticed my silence and took my hand into his hands. I turned towards him as I swallowed. "You looked burdened." He said, his eyes focused on the road. "Does it show?" I asked him nervously.

"Your palm is sweating. Your breathing is rapid and you always press your lips together. Those are signs." T'Challa mentioned each sign. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. He smiled as he glanced at the lady.

"Thor is coming. He already told Stark that." T'Challa told her. I looked at him. He looked at me and smiled. "Why?" he questioned. "Thor?" I asked him softly. "Yeah." He nodded. I let out an exhale and lean on the chair.

"it's gonna be okay. Don't worry. If you don't feel comfortable, we can leave." T'Challa assured me. I looked at him before nodding. T'Challa smiled as he tightens his grip on my hands.

After Loki was gone and a few weeks till my labor, T'Challa has always been there for me. He gets everything ready. Every single thing. Every essential for me. Even after 2 to 3 months of Loki's death, I always have nightmares. After giving birth to Max, I had a few times of nightmares where I was screaming.

That is why T'Challa decided to accompany me to my room just in case something happens to me. We just sleep on one be. We didn't have sex. Not that kinda thing between us. I know, he has something for me. But I think he also understands what I'm going through and I understand and I am so grateful that he is there for me.

A few minutes later, we arrived at Tony's cabin. There were a few cars around the house area. I spotted Rhodey, Sam, and Bucky drinking outside the house. They were laughing together.

T'Challa parked the car and looked at me. I looked back at him and pressed my lips.

"It's gonna be okay. Let's go." He said to me. I slowly nodded and unbuckle my seatbelt. He turns off the engine and went out first. I slowly got out of the car. I saw the three men were already looking at us when I got out of the car.

Specifically looking at me. They looked surprised to see me. T'Challa offered his hands to me and I took it. We walked together towards the porch where the three men were standing.