|46|

His cheeks were flushed and my stomach fluttered as he walked to me.

"I love you."

• • •

I wasn't there with him

I wasn't there with him. I saw him speaking, felt Jimin's touch, but I wasn't there.

Instead I was in my head, flashbacks of the last time someone told me they loved me, the last time this feeling was real in my heart.

My brother's voice was echoing in my head, his broken promises, his words that I believed. That he would always be there for me, that we would always be together.. That he loved me. It was the same words that the man in front of me was saying. How could I believe it when the last time I heard these words it was obviously a lie?

Yoongi stepped forward, almost to where I was sitting. My mouth kept opening and closing and I knew I looked stupid but... I couldn't allow myself to believe it. That what he was saying was true.

My brother knew me all of my life and lied, how could this man who has only known me for a few months love me? The sick girl who faints once a week, who can't walk more than two blocks without getting winded. Who can't pay for anything herself.

How could he love.. me?

I closed my eyes and shook my head. What kind of dream was I in? I must be starting to get the side effects of my cancer. The hallucinations because no one but my own head would make up this mean of a situation.

I opened my eyes when I felt a hand in my own, Jimin, and just woke up. This was real and was really go-

"I love you Gray."

I took a shuddering breath, not able to look at him. Not after what he just said. We had talked about the word love before, him and I. He said he would never say the word Love until he absolutely meant it, that he couldn't hurt someone like that by saying it without meaning it.

Yoongi was putting himself out there in front of his friends, and I was.. hurting him.

He took a step forward and I watched him reach down to take my hand from Jimin, his hands shaking just as much as my own. He crouched down and I just watched as his thumb softly brushed the back of my hand.
"Gray please look at me," He breathed, voice barely a whisper and I felt Jimin stand beside us. I looked up at the two still not looking at Yoongi. I blinked back tears, imagining how hurt Yoongi was feeling. How upset he would be after I say what I have to say.

Jin gave a soft smile and my face flushed knowing they just sat there awkwardly as Yoongi confessed. Jimin carefully walked around Yoongi and gave an encouraging nod.