|26|

"Sorry, I didn't mean to steal your night away

"Sorry, I didn't mean to steal your night away. I know the boys can get a little carried away," Jiwoo laughed and I gave her a small smile, stomach in knots.

"No. It's completely fine. They are happy to see you,"

She turned and smiled nodding before turning back to the view of the mountains. It was dark now but the white snow caps stood glowing from the moon.

I wonder how many times she had come here with the boys, looked out onto this view. She lived around here and Yoongi had said he had been here before.

We stood in silence, her posture strong and mine awkward as I looked at her.

"How long have-"

"My brother tells me-"

We both said at the same time, her eyes darting to mine as we laughed.

"Ugh sorry! I'm being so awkward. Come let's sit down," I smiled at her and nodded, glad to do something other than stand in silence.

"You go first," She told me and I shook my head.

"No it's okay you first," I fiddled with my fingers and the music around us stopped. I guess the band was taking a break.

"My brother was telling me about you on the phone yesterday. All good things of course but he told me about your.. cancer. I'm really sorry Gray. That's such a terrible thing to happen. You seen like such a nice girl. But it seems like the boys are whipped for you," she told me laughing and I shook my head.

"No.. thank you but no. They are just being nice." My voice gave out at the end. Hoseok talked to his older sister about me? I wonder who else knew about me, who I didn't know.

"If you say so... but Yoongi's eyes never left you. Even when I walked in," She grabbed my hand and I looked up at her," I have to admit, back in grade school I tried to get with Yoongi, multiple times. We were close friends, my little brother the link we both had. But even as such close friends he never looked at me, or anyone like how he looks at you,"

"I know it's not my place to be assuming but even Jess could never get him to look at her like that. He definitely sees something in you," She let go of my hand and I took a deep breathe.

"I don't know Jiwoo... " She shrugged a smile and stood up. I pause before standing up.

She saw Yoongi look at me? My stomach twisted, I don't know good or bad... What was I supposed to say to that?

She linked our arms and led me back up the stairs. The guys stood up when they saw me and I ignored Yoongi's eyes.

"What did you talk about?" Hoseok asked, concern in his eyes. I smiled and shook my head, Jiwoo punching him.

"None of your business Hosie. Me and Gray just had some girl talk. She's been surrounded by you boys for way too long," Jimin rolled his eyes and wrapped his arms around me.

"Gray doesn't mind us. Right Gray?" He said turning my head. I nodded sarcastically.

"Yes of course..." They laughed and Jiwoo winked at me. Jin pouted from behind Hoseok and I smiled at him. Yoongi had walked around the table and stood at my left, watching me.

I couldn't bring myself to look back at him. Gosh Gray you are such a coward. Such a stupid coward! I pinched my leg to snap myself out of it.

"The bill has been paid," Namjoon said, fixing his tie," Ready to go?"

I looked up at Jungkook who was nodding and Taehyung who was on his phone. Jiwoo laughed and walked away from us shaking her head.

"Where are you going Dae?" Jungkook yelled, Jimin giggling behind me.

"I have a baby and husband to get home too. Nice meeting you Gray. I hope to see you soon. Take care of her!!" She walked away, no hugs no goodbyes.

"Why does she always do that?" Jungkook grumbled following after Hoseok, Jin, and Namjoon who started walking the other way.

"Jungkookie had a crush on Dae for forever." Jimin explained walking beside me. He has been like my little birdy today. Telling me anything I wouldn't know without being told.

"She used to call him little jungkook, her favorite little brother. His ego was broken for a long time," Taehyung added. I laughed thinking about a little Jungkook. No tattoos or muscles.

We walked up the stairs and Yoongi grabbed my hand stopping me

We walked up the stairs and Yoongi grabbed my hand stopping me. Jimin glanced back at me and made a face before catching up with the others, pulling Taehyung.

"What did Dae say to you? Why won't you look at me?" His voice raspy and hands on my shoulders. I took a breathe before looking up at him. Guilt, I could feel it seeping through me.

His dark eyes were filled with worry and confusion. I fiddled with my dress, nervous at how close our faces were. I could see every eyelash, freckle on his face.

"Uh sorry. She, she didn't say anything." My voice cracked. Why couldn't I look him in the eyes. I wasn't jealous, Jiwoo had a family, he had said he didn't like Jess. So why was I acting like this?

I pinched my leg again and smiled," Sorry. The alcohol really made me zone out. I'm fine, we're fine. I mean not that we are a we, like I just mean we as in me and you and.."

He smiled and shook his head," Okay. We are good."

He let go of me and took my hand. We walked out of the building and to the cars, hand in hand. He was leaving tonight. I know it wouldn't be for long but I still felt weird about it. Yoongi was the reason why I was here and now he was leaving.

Jimin stepped out of the car and opened my door for me, Yoongi getting into the front seat. We were good. We. Jiwoo was getting to me.

                              •          •          •

Hey guys!! Sorry for the short chapter but let's get to the important thing.

Happy Birthday Jungkook!! I know technically September 1st is tomorrow here but in Korea they celebrated today. I'm glad he got a big present today #1 on Billboard. They deserve the world. Happy Birthday!!!