|31|

"Did you know that mom wanted to leave us a few years ago?" The faint voice said echoing in my head. I looked around and felt my eyes burn. I was back in my old room, my brother stood there, much younger and little me sat in my bed.

I was reading a book for school, the end of my eighth grade year. I hadn't hit puberty yet and looked like a little kid. This was weeks before we found out I was sick.

"Why would she leave us?" I had asked. He sat down on the edge of my bed and held my hand, I remembered his hands soft in my own. He shrugged and made a face.

"Money. We don't have enough of it. She thought it would be better to just let us go somewhere else.. without her."

My younger self sat up, tears in her eyes. Her hopeful eyes," I don't want to leave mom, or you!"

He shook his head,"You won't. I promise. I will never leave you."

I remember that night like it was yesterday, Ethan held me tight, rocking me to sleep. After that night he started picking up extra shifts, slowly stopped coming home. I remember when he would come home, he would bring gifts, stuff I would get in trouble asking for in the past.

Mom put more food in my lunch, my birthday was filled with more gifts. I thought everything in our life was finally getting better. Sadness crept through me as I watched my room fade away... it's blue walls turned into white.

I held that promise against him. He promised he would never leave me.. and yet in the end he did.

                              •          •          •

I woke up slowly, my body not wanting to leave the peacefulness of sleep

I woke up slowly, my body not wanting to leave the peacefulness of sleep. There was a line of drool going down my cheek and I wiped it off on the back of my arm. I sat up and my breathing stuttered with the sharp pains from my side. I needed to get some medicine for this.

The blinds were still closed, no doubt because Yoongi didn't want to wake me and I sat up putting on a different shirt.

Opening the door I could hear someone walking around in the kitchen and soft voices became louder as I trailed down the hallway. I listened in, trying to make sure no one could hear me.

"So he's engaged? To Jess? Jess... the Jess?" Jimin asked, his voice raised up in shock. Who was engaged to Jess?

"Apparently if she couldn't have Min Yoongi she was have to go for the other Min." Namjoom said, his voice giving away how he felt about it. I stepped out of the hallway door so they could see me and just stood there.

The first person to notice me was Yoongi, he gave me a small smile and gestured for me to come in. Then Taehyung noticed and stood up coming over and hugging me.

"Your finally awake!!" He exclaimed and I nodded slowly, confused about the aurora of the room. I smiled at the others and Jungkook despite the early morning gave me finger hearts.