ix. if i legally change my name to single, would that be odd?

chapter nine

─── if i legally change my name to single, would that be odd?

          𝔖o, everyone hated me.

The next morning, after the unfortunate incident with the hellhound, Chiron moved me to Three with all of my one bag. But, there was plenty of room for my Minotayr horn, my one set of spare clothes, and my toiletry bag.

However, my cabin did look kind of sad.

I didn't have to share with anyone. I could sit at my own dinner table (so I looked like a loner), pick all my own activities (double loner) and call 'lights out' whenever I felt like it (god, I am such a loner).

Nobody mentioned the hellhound, but I got the feeling they were all talking about it behind my back. There were no scars, but sometimes, I could still feel its claws. It was unnerving.

Eleven began to get kind of nervous about having sword fighting lessons with me, so Luke had told me that it might be an idea to have sword training as a one-on-one thing.

"You're going to need all the training you can get," he promised, as he walked with me towards where I had Greek. "You know, being the daughter of the Sea God and all."

Annabeth had taken over teaching me Greek in the mornings, because Malcolm had kind of freaked with me cause of my dad. Every time I said something to Annabeth, she had huffed and scrunched her nose. I still wasn't entirely sure whether she liked me or not, but maybe this was progress?

After lessons, she would walk away muttering to herself: "Quest...Poseidon?...Got to make a plan"

I knew somebody at camp resented me, because that night I came into my cabin and found a copy of the New York Daily News, opened to the Metro page. The article took me almost an hour to read, because I kept having to walk away and cuss loudly, before going back to read.

GIRL AND MOTHER STILL MISSING AFTER FREAK CAR ACCIDENT BY EILEEN SMYTHE

Sally Jackson and daughter, Andromeda, are still missing one week after their mysterious disappearance. The family's badly burned '78 Camaro was discovered last Saturday on a north Long Island road with the roof ripped off and the front axle broken. The car had flipped and skidded for several hundred feet before exploding.

Mother and daughter had gone for a weekend vacation to Montauk, but left hastily, under mysterious circumstances. Small traces of blood were found in the car and near the scene of the wreck, but there were no other signs of the missing Jacksons. Residents in the rural area reported seeing nothing unusual around the time of the accident.